Memorials and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
MBIFO a memorial in Dorchester-on-Thames.

C0C6A49F-003B-4D82-85FD-172035E9DCAD.jpeg

hoopdriver

Guru
King Geo V-1.jpg

King George V Colonnade on the seafront at Bexhill-on-Sea

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Blue Hills there are couple of reasons why i ride so early , ie less traffic and then when i get back home we then have the rest of the day to do what a family want to do instead of all doing different things .

ie Saturday i was out of the house by 5.20 am and back for just before 9 am then we were doing family stuff by 10 am

Last edited:
@Blue Hills there are couple of reasons why i ride so early , ie less traffic and then when i get back home we then have the rest of the day to do what a family want to do instead of all doing different things .

ie Saturday i was out of the house by 5.20 am and back for just before 9 am then we were doing family stuff by 10 am
alibi accepted/ticked off/filed.

Apologies - forgotten how to get text in after plonking in images.

Above - Brunner Mond war memorial Middlewich.

Only happened to cycle straight past it after having to reroute to a spoons since I was very early for a train.

Interesting company as it turns out - seems they managed to both undermine nearby Northwich by extracting salt for their processes and then pollute the surface with the waste products.

Later became part of ICI.

Note the info on the board that they produced half of the entire total explosive the Brits chucked at the other side on all fronts. Doubtless in Germany there's a similar memorial for the dead from a company which produced a similar amount to throw the other way.

Nothing on the site now.

Kind of an irony or fitting I suppose that so many remnants of the machine age are often encountered, at least in Britain, on a bike.

edit - next time I will try to edit the pics first.

Sandbach** crosses - 9th century originally supposedly, though with 19th century restoration.

I should also have taken pics of the memorial/large info boards on the departed ERF works - very central, now an Aldi.

** Also host to the rather nice spoons where, thanks to my over efficient pedalling I was forced to down two wobbly bobs and a stout with a jacket potato. Day nicer than it looks in pic so I sat outside.

Top Bottom