Men: Would you rather be small and Shredded or Hench?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I used to have a T shirt with a slogan on the front...

"All this, and brains too!"

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
losing weight doesn't necessarily equate to looking smaller, bodybuilders bulk and can look fat, lose the weight showing more muscle definition they can look bigger or more hench, for example a 19inch arm on a fat person looks just like a fat bicep, 19 inch arm on a muscle defined arm can look bigger than 19 inches,

Yes but generally it requires constant bulking and cutting cycles for x amount of months at a time over a long duration to actually look big and be defined. I don't have the patience for that. I am naturally wedge and powerful, combined with working out had a great t-shirt physique. Would often get commemts on my size and was known around town for my large chest size. Recently I cut down hard and whilst more defined now just look so much smaller and it plays on my mind.

NickNick

Neither, would quite happily loose a bit of podge around my belly (cycling is definitely helping on that front) but really don't see the appeal of the ripped/unnatural muscular look.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sadly, I don't think there are any options for women ☹️
Less gendered, perhaps, sprinter or endurance?
(I may have been influenced by watching track cycling this evening.)

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
I tried to ignore the bullshite, but there is a fair amount in the above post because if the above was true and you cut down hard then you wouldn't, couldn't look smaller, a cut will reduce fat and not muscle, taking away the fat makes the muscles look bigger, more muscle definition makes them look bigger and fuller not smaller, this is the essences of bodybuilding......
now unless you were just fat and lost weight then I could understand looking so much smaller.

You are completely wrong and/or missing the point. But that's ok.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
Not sure what the issue is.

FYI, there are plenty of women who hone their bodies to look shredded and there are plenty who like the muscular look. Just because you're a female and find this thread doesn't have an option for YOU, you do not speak for all women

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm basically the opposite of this. 5'10", 10 stone, 38" chest, 30" waist. Small and skinny, always have been, always will be.
Although even my waistline has expanded since we had our daughter and my diet/exercise/sleep went to pot. I might actually be nudging 10 1/2 stone at the moment.

Ah. So you’re the one that Castelli makes cycle clothing for?

Graham

Top Bottom