Mention an animal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
simonali said:
What are those ducks called with the horrible red giblets on their face and have you a pic? Can't look it up as I'm at work and my bird book is at home.

the black necked swan?

2121155882_bca835103b_b.jpg

i think a shelduck has a red thingy too... but i've not seen one of those, let alone snapped one

Crackle said:
According to yon falconer at the display I went too, Owl's have no waterproofing at all in their feathers, hawks do but I don't know how much.

That and of course the umbrella business....

Edit: The lack of waterproofing is one of the things that make their flight silent compared to other birds.

oooooh.

the hawk walk i went on was almost postponed because of rain... apparently they won't fly, but it might have been a personal thing and an excuse to stay indoors.

simonali

Guru
Tis, innit! Saw a bit of "You've Been Framed" (shameful, I know, but the animal bits are funny) the other night and saw these on there.

simonali said:
I already knew that! There's a couple of them on the Exe. Ugly buggers....:biggrin:

simonali

Guru
Plax said:
Guinea Pig!

I've got a GP. Did have 2, but one died. Went to the pet shop to ask about getting another, as they are very social creatures and like the company and was told it was a bad idea as they'd probably fight. That's not very social, is it?! :biggrin:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
laurence said:
i thought they were mergansers when i took the pic... then looked them up on the rspb site later on.

I think the Mergansers I saw over Christmas were probably Goosanders having consulted Collins.

I went to a talk tonight and a fella showed a film of Pennine wildlife, he only bloody well had a pair of Goosander on it. Chances of that? Never heard of them and two pairs turn up in the same night.

Top Bottom