Meta - Moaning: Moaning about moaning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm not sure where the border between moaning and disagreeing lies. Anyway, I can moan as well as the next. Can I recommend holding grudges too?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
No no, no, no, no! It's not worth moaning about. Most of us couldn't care less and we're sick of hearing it.

All the people everywhere, both sides of the divide, who are still moaing should he shut in a room together with an assortment of weapons. Whoever emerges at the end (doubtless still moaning) should then be thrown down a well, where they will still probably moan but the grown ups won't be able to hear them.

It's petty and childish and, even worse, its turned me into a Meta Moaner, a hollow shell of a once mighty and proud man. My spirit broken, my emotions drained, by the incessant, childish, petty, puerile but above all pointless, moaning. Sob! Wail!

Totally depends on what you're complaining about though, doesn't it.??

Are you pointing out an injustice ?

A crime.

A person contracted to do a job, that didn't?

Dodgy public officials ??

Oh well never mind eh?

Nope you point it out, and try to find a resolution.

Something that can't be helped.??

The weather, the consequences of your own actions, other peoples' mildly irritating habits.

Nah stop moaning, count your blessings.

Knowing the difference between the two.??

Theres the rub..

If it were a thread simply to moan, I'd not partake but as it's a thread to moan about moaners, something the British have become world champions at, and much to everyone's detriment IMO, I will let go...
STOP MOANING....please. it's not doing anyone any good. People I know moan about this that and everything and I ask them...
Do you feel better for it ?
Will it change anything ?

The answer Is always no, so what's the point ? You just feel more and more cheesed off, agitated etc etc. Forget it, get on, smile and be as happy as you can be. The world will be a better place for you and everyone around you.

Nope not much time for 'trivial moaners' who don't know how lucky they are.

But people complaining about wrongs that actually need righting ?

Here's Desmond on that..

I'm not sure where the border between moaning and disagreeing lies. Anyway, I can moan as well as the next. Can I recommend holding grudges too?

Definitely..

"Grudge Holding" alongside "Being Curmudgeonly" - Are both, very cheap hobbies that can be raised almost to art form, require very little equipment to carry out, and can be practised in groups or alone..

What's not to like?? :okay:

cheshirerob

Moaning is a sign of too much good living, freedom and choice. If you were oppressed or busy you wouldn’t have the platform or time to.

An exception to the rule is age, as time goes by, the more problems you have to deal with, hence Victor Meldrew gripes.

I read all that on a beer coaster before they banned smoking in pubs.

gbb

Legendary Member

A crime.

Oh well never mind eh?

The weather, the consequences of your own actions, other peoples' mildly irritating habits.

Theres the rub..

Here's Desmond on that..

View attachment 569261

Definitely..

"Grudge Holding" alongside "Being Curmudgeonly" - Are both, very cheap hobbies that can be raised almost to art form, require very little equipment to carry out, and can be practised in groups or alone..

I listen to a lot of people moaning about stuff that just doesn't fall into that category, I listen to a lot of people moaning about stuff that doesn't affect me, that's my choice in life, glass half full, positive, do the best for me and my family. My life, my choice. If someone doesn't like that...tough (with all due respect)

stephec

Legendary Member

A crime.

Oh well never mind eh?

Theres the rub..

Here's Desmond on that..

View attachment 569261

Definitely..

As long as it's justified you can't beat a good grudge. 😊

Rocky

Hello decadence
As long as it's justified you can't beat a good grudge. 😊
I like having a chip on my shoulder and feel even better when I’ve got a chip on both shoulders. Bloody old people

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I listen to a lot of people moaning about stuff that just doesn't fall into that category, I listen to a lot of people moaning about stuff that doesn't affect me, that's my choice in life, glass half full, positive, do the best for me and my family. My life, my choice. If someone doesn't like that...tough (with all due respect)

Well it doesn't sound like your listening to them that much, really.

So I reckon you'll cope :okay:

Reactions: gbb

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Can I be a pedant? Would you like to reconsider how you’ve spelt your?

Surely you don't imagine, that I didn't set that one up for you especially dear heart.??:rolleyes:

That's another 'affordable and accessable' hobby..

Pedantry :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Well it doesn't sound like your listening to them that much, really.

So I reckon you'll cope :okay:
I have one work colleague who could moan for the Olympics. Sometimes it actually grates on me, I can feel my heart rate going up....fark off, I'm thinking and stop moaning for chrissakes. Occasionally I tell him,...for all the good it does.
Nah, let them who moan about almost anything at all wallow in their pit of doom, not for me I'm afraid.

Top Bottom