Meta - Moaning: Moaning about moaning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it were a thread simply to moan, I'd not partake but as it's a thread to moan about moaners, something the British have become world champions at, and much to everyone's detriment IMO, I will let go...
STOP MOANING....please. it's not doing anyone any good. People I know moan about this that and everything and I ask them...
Do you feel better for it ?
Will it change anything ?

The answer Is always no, so what's the point ? You just feel more and more cheesed off, agitated etc etc. Forget it, get on, smile and be as happy as you can be. The world will be a better place for you and everyone around you.

There's always one cheery sod comes along to spoil things.:sad:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I posted what I thought was a reasonably uncontroversial comment (that my pedal spanner sees a lot of use and it's worth having one) and I see I've been summoned to be moaned at as an "outlier"! I'm therefore done with that thread. It's not a hissy fit or anything, I just can't be bothered debating. People have opposite views, that's fine.
Permit me to moan about people moaning that being called an 'outlier' (you are, in pedal spanner use frequency terms) is "being moaned at". People (well you) might appreciate that a statistical description of a behaviour on one end of the spectrum is not a 'moan', it's a statistical term 'outlier': you are infering a perjorative moeaning - I discourage this.
Sidenote: She went to her LBS and they took off the pedal.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It is not moaning {that is entirely different} . The Aussies and New Zealanders have a better term for us Brits . A bunch of whinging poms .
So I have a whing about something and not a moan.
So stop your whinging the lot of you .

Aha - my opportunity to moan about moaning (and the hypocrisy of some moaning) arises.^_^

It irks me that some examples of racial sterotyping provoke no reaction from those acutely attuned to such things, whereas others are subject to nigh on immediate hair trigger responses that moan about the morality of people making such remarks.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Truth is, people who moan in old age, moaned in their youth. Pretty sure they have now identified the moan gene 🧬.

I was going to attempt and be very clever by constructing a humorous label for the 'moan gene' from the three letter symbols for amino acids in the human genome, but I am not smart enough. :sad:

I can concoct a number of examples from the single letter symbols but I fear they will not get past the swear filter on here. :ohmy: ^_^

Table 3:

https://www.genenames.org/files/PMID11944974.pdf

Aha - my opportunity to moan about moaning (and the hypocrisy of some moaning) arises.^_^

It irks me that some examples of racial sterotyping provoke no reaction from those acutely attuned to such things, whereas others are subject to nigh on immediate hair trigger responses that moan about the morality of people making such remarks.
I think I strongly agree with this. (But there is a trace of doubt that I have actually understood it properly => did not press Like.)

What I don't understand is ... people who start statements with "What I don't understand is ..."
Of course it's always the start of a moan. Always about someone who doesn't act the same as they do. You have 2 choices:
- Ignore them. (Possibly with a sort of happy "Huh!" noise)
- Consider the behaviour they describe; explain why the person(s) might do what they do, as their circumstances/experiences/knowledge/resources may differ from Fred's.

NEVER pick the 2nd option!!! Life is too short. If these people actually WANTED to understand these situations, they would have made the (tiny) effort themselves.

stephec

Legendary Member
What I don't understand is ... people who start statements with "What I don't understand is ..."
Of course it's always the start of a moan. Always about someone who doesn't act the same as they do. You have 2 choices:
- Ignore them. (Possibly with a sort of happy "Huh!" noise)
- Consider the behaviour they describe; explain why the person(s) might do what they do, as their circumstances/experiences/knowledge/resources may differ from Fred's.

NEVER pick the 2nd option!!! Life is too short. If these people actually WANTED to understand these situations, they would have made the (tiny) effort themselves.
Or the third option, just accept that not everyone likes the same things as you and get on with your own life. ^_^

Top Bottom