Micro-adjust seatpost that suits style of an older bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone suggest a micro-adjust seatpost that doesn't look out of place on an older bike - in my case a Raleigh "town" bike that currently has the chromed seatpin and separate clamp. Needs to be a 25.4mm clamp and at least 300mm long (not super short). I am running a Brooks B17 saddle on it but the clamp doesn't allow precise adjustment and moves around a bit under my weight.

I have a couple of ebay-sourced seatposts on other bikes that are OK - one is nice but spoiled by brash logos (which I suppose I could try and remove but I am concerned I might compromise the finish of the post itself), and another whose finish is quite crude. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy either again.

Thanks

midlife

Guru
Kalloy posts look fairly plain and classy, surprisingly cheap too :smile:

Shaun

dddd

Regular
I sometimes have chosen to use the Kalloy "zero offset" type of post, in silver of course!

I stripped the black stuff off this top one, the other came in silver. These can even be adjusted while riding, are sold cheaply and come in every size you can think of.

21717557409_ec4fceb00f_b.jpg

8400149147_504e22f069_c.jpg

OP
OP
davidallenxyz

davidallenxyz

Regular
In the end I settled on a Vavert branded post from ebay. It is a shiny clear silver finish and looks discreet on the bike with no big logos, just a small frosted one on the back. It's actually identical to a SystemEX branded one I also have on my MTB but that one has a big black logo on it. The seatpost is a "hook" style with a setback, which suits me as I tend to like the saddle pushed back.

dddd

Regular
dddd what are the bottle cages on your bikes they look nice?

Those cages are the very old REG brand from Italy. These have welded-on clamps for standard steel tube size, and have a spring lever lock so you cannot lose a bottle.
They were extremely popular back around 1970 and they turn up on many of the old bikes I buy that have no bottle bosses on the frame.

Top Bottom