Mince pie anybody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pclay

Veteran
Mince pies - yuk
Christmas cake - yuk
Christmas pudding - yuk.

I’m not a fan of food that is predominantly made with dried fruit.

Hot cross buns are about as fruity as I get.

potsy

Rambler
I broke my 'no mince pies til December' rule yesterday, I blame this thread 100% :whistle:

ps - they were Aldi Specially Selected ones :mrpig:

D

Deleted member 1258

I do like mince pies. The rest of christmas can sod off though.

Perhaps we should declare the retirement thread a christmas free zone on the basis of humbug?

Thats a good idea.

D

Deleted member 1258

Loath Christmas, loath every thing about it. Resent how it seems to dominate the shops and restaurants from September, dislike the expectations of shopping and I hate turkey.

I hate how the closer you get to the day the more presumption of harmony and good will is expected that most people do not have, including me.

Christmas commercials, Christmas decorations in shops are all there for the sole purpose of extorting as much money out of people as possible.

I do love mince pies though. Yummy.

I'm not a fan of Xmas either.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have just returned from the retail emporium known as Asda, laden with an accumulation of their own brand bespoke mince pies. I will report to you all in due course.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mrs 26 brought some mince pies in recently. They have a use by Nov 2019 stamp on them. Probably found at the back of her mother's cupboard. It would be very wrong to chuck them out wouldn't it? So I've started to save their lives :whistle:

Waste not, want not, as my late mother used to say. ;)

aferris2

Guru
Australian mince pies... Just wrongxx(. Wrong pastry, wrong filling, wrong topping. And they were $5AUD for 6 (that's just shy of £2.50). Do I dare try an Australian Christmas pud?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I must be one of the few who don’t actually like them very much.........come to think of it, I don’t like Christmas very much either! :laugh:

My wife can't stand them either.

However she loves xmas, which i dont.

Mince pies are a must have, ive done 5 boxes this month from m&s and a few singles at work.
There far to small to be fattening :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Loath Christmas, loath every thing about it. Resent how it seems to dominate the shops and restaurants from September, dislike the expectations of shopping and I hate turkey.

I hate how the closer you get to the day the more presumption of harmony and good will is expected that most people do not have, including me.

Christmas commercials, Christmas decorations in shops are all there for the sole purpose of extorting as much money out of people as possible.

I do love mince pies though. Yummy.

:laugh: stop sitting on the fence @CarlP

Top Bottom