Misunderstandings as a child...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I though planes left paper trails in the sky.

Snap...

colly

Re member eR
I could never understand how they ever played football in Switzerland. All those mountains and so on....wouldn't the ball always be rolling away ?

30 years ago now I had a neice who wondered.
'So where is he then?' After watching Kenny Everet on tv. He would walk on dressed as a punk and say
'Ello. Sid Snot 'ere. ''

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The worst thing my mother could think of to call someone was common. I spent my entire childhood wondering why the wombles of Wimbledon were common and, if they were, why would they sing about it so proudly.
I mentally put a comma in the line:
'The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.'
Having never heard of Wimbledon Common, only Wimbledon as a place where tennis was played, it seemed an odd line, as Wombles aren't at all common (in the sense of frequent).

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My son asked my wife why she carries a ham bag when it doesn’t have ham in it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've mentioned these before,but seeing as someone's asking i'll tell them again.:smile:
Two songs spring to mind. Poetry In Motion By Johnny Tillotson became in my head 'Oh A Tree In Motion' (Yes that's feasible as trees move in the wind,i thought) and The Green Green Grass Of Home's lyrics 'Hair of gold and lips like cherries' in my mind said 'Pair of golden lips like cherries'. Pair of golden lips?,but lips are red you fools, i thought .:scratch:Then there was the 'He couldn't make ends meet',which i read as 'Hen's meat' 'Couldn't make hen's meat,but hens are meat you idiot i thought to myself.:blush:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I mentally put a comma in the line:
'The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.'
Having never heard of Wimbledon Common, only Wimbledon as a place where tennis was played, it seemed an odd line, as Wombles aren't at all common (in the sense of frequent).

So did I , so looked up lyrics and found this line.

"Relph and his pet subo, Common are we"

Top Bottom