Misunderstandings as a child...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then i felt a bit better when i saw this!

(Watch it on 2 mins 17 seconds),

You see,it wasn't just me who thought it was 'tree in motion'!:smile:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then there was the 'Babies are fed by angel's milk out of a bottle' i was told by my grandma.:shy: Then one day there i was sat with mum in my auntie's house when she just whipped out a tit and started to breast feed my cousin!!:ohmy: :eek: xx( I still have that image in my head 49 years later!:unsure:

Slioch

Guru
First time me and the missus drove to Germany we were on the autobahn and saw a sign saying "Ausfarht".
200 miles later we were still seeing signs for "Ausfarht".
It's a blooming big place this, this "Ausfarht" thought I. Funny I never heard of it before, and I'm normally quite good at geography.
It was only after we had arrived at our German hosts and were discussing the journey that the penny finally dropped.........
:blush:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
one was a prayer ending with “thanks be to god”. Now as a kid I’d always thought it was “thanks peter god”.
Remember my dad telling me that for a long time he thought his favourite hymn was about a cross-eyed bear called Gladly.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then there was the little plastic toy i had of what i thought was a cat with its kitten in its mouth. I'd play with that toy for hours and hours. Then one day i must've upset my older brother as he told me in no uncertain terms that it wasn't a kitten in its mouth, but a dead rat it'd just killed!!:eek: :unsure: :cry:

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
At some point in my very youngest days, I proudly came home & told my mum what a 1/4 of a moon was called ... a c*nt ...
Well at least I got the letters in the right order, just not enough... I was told it was a very rude word and never say it again
[I suspect some 'big boys' had given me some misinformation]

Drago

Legendary Member
When imwas in the army imdsted a Welsh lass who taught me some phrases. Alas, they turned out not to be the innocent greetings that she'd led me to believe...

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
How this question came up I can't remember, but I was walking along with my eldest when she was about 7 and asked her if she was a human being. She very sternly said, "I'm NOT a human being! I'm a little girl!"
I still chuckle at that.
She also pronounced prehistoric beasts as "Disonours".
It took me a few weeks to figure out the head of our year at secondary was actually named Mr Morley. Thanks to you English peoples inability to pronounce your R's, I thought he was called Mr Mawley! :P

alicat

Legendary Member
First time me and the missus drove to Germany we were on the autobahn and saw a sign saying "Ausfarht".
200 miles later we were still seeing signs for "Ausfarht".
It's a blooming big place this, this "Ausfarht" thought I. Funny I never heard of it before, and I'm normally quite good at geography.
It was only after we had arrived at our German hosts and were discussing the journey that the penny finally dropped.........

Mum and I did a similar thing driving through Hamburg. "Why can't we find this place called "Elbbrücken" on the map?", we kept saying. Then one of us recalled that the river was the Elbe and the other that "brücken" meant bridges....:whistle:

Top Bottom