Misunderstandings as a child...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave 123, 11 Nov 2018.

1. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Reminds me of when I referred to our dog as the hound, only to be indignantly corrected by my six year old daughter: "She's not a hound - she's a mutt."

2. MichaelW2

MichaelW2 Über Member

Some enterprising crooks set up an account in the name of Finland Revenue and paid in all the cheques.

Oldbloke likes this.
  3. Old jon

Old jon Veteran

One of George Gissings' books had a lass called Pennyloaf as a bit of a star.

Drago likes this.
  4. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

A mate and me were massive "Man from Uncle" fans. He had a speech problem so their enemy were from Frush. He had a "Showed Roaster" for his gun. I drew a picture of a "Nancy Tank".

The youngest granddaughter told us that daddy has just bought a flat car. He has a Tipo.

5. Chris S

Chris S Veteran

+1

Elswick Cotterpin, Eddy and Threevok like this.
  6. Threevok

Threevok Carpe Rotam

I used to think you got malaria from Spanish fly

7. Donger

Donger Convoi Exceptionnel

Many years before I eventually got a degree in geography, I used to think the North pole was in Poland. On cold days my parents could never understand why I kept asking whether it was as cold as Poland.

Drago and Pat "5mph" like this.
  8. Rezillo

Rezillo TwoSheds

I loved merrangs as a child but when I read in books about people eating merringoos, I had no idea what they were.

9. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

I could never understand how in school assembly, having chanted 'our father Whitchart, in heaven' was followed by 'Hallowed be thy name'. What was his name, Witchart or Hallowed? Or Harold?

Profpointy likes this.
  10. JtB

JtB Executive Rooster

Reading today’s jokes thread reminded me of a misunderstanding I had as a child when one day I excitedly turned on the television to watch Monty Pythons Flying Circus thinking I was going to watch a real Circus. I’ve never really thought about it until now, but maybe that disappointment as child is the reason why until this day I still can’t stand Monty Python.

Threevok, Donger and Profpointy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice