Mobile costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is another moan and it’s a reason why my own mobile phone contract is a 30 day rolling one . Just had the email from O2 for my youngest , took a deal out with Virgin for TV/BB etc . Also included a mobile unlimited sim .

Anyway mobile is going up 13.4% rpi + 3.9% !! My own sim hasn’t gone up whatsoever since I took it out !! Ripping it !!

I'm with Lebara on a £5/m deal, not unlimited but enough that I need. I do get 100 mins of international calls in that which is handy as though I prefer VOIP for international its handy to have those mins. Like you it is a rolling contract.

For my broadband I'm with BT at around £40/m, not the cheapest but I find their service to better than others and as I WFH I want the reliability.

Similar here with Lebara, only 3Gb but other bits the same. £4.90 per month, didn’t increase last year. Ok in Europe. Came unstuck when in Bonaire recently and I believe will need to rely on Wi-Fi when we go to japan too

D

Deleted member 1258

Similar here with Lebara, only 3Gb but other bits the same. £4.90 per month, didn’t increase last year. Ok in Europe. Came unstuck when in Bonaire recently and I believe will need to rely on Wi-Fi when we go to japan too

Sounds like you're on the same deal as me.

stephec

Legendary Member
Smarty for me, uses the three network and I've never had any problems with coverage.

I started off with 30gb for £10 a month which they've now doubled to 60gb.

With Tesco, 5000 mins, 5000 texts, 6Gb data - £5.50 a month, not gone up in last 3-4 years.

Tesco mobile is changing a lot!
I'm with Tesco on 10Gb and unlimited txt/talk for £8.50 a month but as that contract has lapsed it *supposedly* continues on same allowances BUT will go up by 17.3% (inflation +3.9%) soon (then annually by inflation plus 3.9%) though I *should* retain my existing free roaming.
All new Tesco contracts are without free roaming, and only the clubcard branded deals are fixed with no in contact increases, the none clubcard 'man in the street price' is subject to in contract increases - well unless ofcom grow a pair and do something. I'm considering swapping to an O2 or to another 02 MVNO plan to guarantee free roaming, just waiting on a price better than £8.50 +17.3% not overseas until autumn so plenty of time.

*We'll see*

Gwylan

Veteran
This is another moan and it’s a reason why my own mobile phone contract is a 30 day rolling one . Just had the email from O2 for my youngest , took a deal out with Virgin for TV/BB etc . Also included a mobile unlimited sim .

Anyway mobile is going up 13.4% rpi + 3.9% !! My own sim hasn’t gone up whatsoever since I took it out !! Ripping it !!

Moved to Lebara when 3 found a pretext to leverage the deal I was on.

Not the world's biggest caller or texter.
They had some good deals. You can get money for introductions. Totally painless migration too.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Slightly OT:

We're off to Canary Islands end of March. I only have a work mobile - and can't make; or expect European calls, or calls from there back to UK.

Which of the SIMS you're all talking about that allow roaming (?); could i get on a months contract to use abroad (***For some internet usage, few texts back to UK- likely no calls....but would like to be able to [Home and perhaps within Canary Islands)]

Ta !

vickster

Legendary Member
Slightly OT:

We're off to Canary Islands end of March. I only have a work mobile - and can't make; or expect European calls, or calls from there back to UK.

Which of the SIMS you're all talking about that allow roaming (?); could i get on a months contract to use abroad (***For some internet usage, few texts back to UK- likely no calls....but would like to be able to [Home and perhaps within Canary Islands)]

Ta !

Lebara include EU roaming
https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/can-i-use-my-plan-in-roaming

30 day rolling contracts
https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/best-sim-only-deals/c/simo-contract

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
What do you think OFCOM might have any authority to "do something" about here?

Well they investigating the increases and hopefully that will embarrass the mobile companies into fixing prices (that may therefore need to be higher). The investigation may be toothless, but the negative publicity might get better written contracts and perhaps even get them some teeth in the future.

Top Bottom