Mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You introduced the subject of your children on a thread where you also claimed distracted driving isn't a huge problem.

Yes. I mentioned that my children cycle. They do.

I also said that I do not see the use of handheld mobile 'phones by drivers as a huge deal. I do not.

In the latter issue, you and I may differ.

I take it that you saw the two facts as some sort of license to draw grotesque and brutal images of the death and funeral of one of my children.

You even feel the need to mention a face being scraped off and to conjure the image of the casket. The effect was palpable.

I find that unusual, inhuman and insensitive. You seem proud enough of it to defend it.

In this regard too, we differ.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Anyhow Guys this has gone off into a tangent i don't wish to be continued and this being made into a witch hunt.
Lets end it here!
4 pages of ranting is enough!
:evil:

400bhp

Guru
the fact that im against boris view would show otherwise..... unless thats not directed at me.
Grammer corrected in original post.
Your=You're

It shows you are interested in mobile phone use in cars, yes. It could be implied you are interested in mobile phone use because you are directly affected by it (i.e. you are a cyclist). That could be construed as taking a selfish stance, not dissimilar to what you are accusing Boris of.

Borris succintly made the point much earlier which you clearly missed.

That could be construed as taking a selfish stance, not dissimilar to what you are accusing Boris of.

Not really, Dan's against drivers on mobiles because it affects him as a cyclist. Boris is not bothered about other peoples' kids getting their faces scraped off by drivers on mobiles but howls in outrage if it's suggested it happens to his kids.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
It shows you are interested in mobile phone use in cars, yes. It could be implied you are interested in mobile phone use because you are directly affected by it (i.e. you are a cyclist). That could be construed as taking a selfish stance, not dissimilar to what you are accusing Boris of.

Boris succintly made the point much earlier which you clearly missed.
That would be the case if this was a matter of opinion.

It does not always directly affect me but i would not want others to be directly affect either.
Alot like a person being mugged. Does not directly affect you but you still dont want it to happen. Boris in this case would not be bothered and continue on..
This could be his view taken out of context but i don't believe so. This is what a person which hold a view similar if not the same as Boris would do.
This in its self has changed field but the main principle remains

boris, you start whining and snivelling when you feel someone's been insensitive about your children, yet you claim drivers on mobiles isn't a huge problem. Are you starting to see the huge disconnect yet? If it happens to other peoples' children it's not a huge problem, but if there's a suggestion it happens to yours you howl in outrage. Can you see the callous self-centredness yet?

I am not whining. I am not snivelling. I find your post about my daughter's imagined funeral deeply insensitive.

I do not howl in outrage. Many parents would think my response quite mildly couched.

I see no disconnect. I do not consider the use of handheld mobile devices by drivers to be a huge issue.

I am not sure how this marks me as self-centred. I may well be callous (in fact I believe I confessed to that several posts ago) but I am not sure how you justify making a graphic and detailed reference to the imagined funeral of one of my still-living children.

Clearly you do justify it. I am beginning to think you may not have children. Whether you do or not, I find the graphic funeral imagery insensitive and inappropriate.

As you have neither apologised not deleted the post, I take it you do not.

That may be another area where we differ.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
What is it then if it's not?
Wrong and right

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
There are many wrongs and rights in the world.

Why do you pick on the wrongs of motorists?
The topic is about phones being used by motorists.
Do you want me to do off on a tangent and talk about how its wrong to use animals in cosmetic testing ? However since you think its opinion it must also be right to use animals in cosmetic testing, after all it does not directly affect me.. who gives a f**k

Not really, Dan's against drivers on mobiles because it affects him as a cyclist. Boris is not bothered about other peoples' kids getting their faces scraped off by drivers on mobiles but howls in outrage if it's suggested it happens to his kids.

I'd like it if you could stop imagining my response in these matters.

I do not consider phone use by drivers a huge issue.

That is not the same thing as saying I'm not bothered about kids being injured.

I have not howled in outrage anywhere on this thread.

Your references to the funeral of one of my children were inappropriate and I pointed that out. That is not a howl in protest.

I am not whining. I am not snivelling. I find your post about my daughter's imagined funeral deeply insensitive.

I find your inhumane indifference to anyone outside your immediate family not only offensive but deeply inhumane. Why do you think your daughter deserves the protection you would deny to anyone else? Why do you insist only your children are important and anyone else can go hang? The victims of the distracted drivers you defend have parents too, what makes you so important that you deserve the respect you deny others? Your special pleading is self-centered and incredibly selfish, you think anyone outside your immediate circle does not deserve the dignity you insist upon for your own clan. The fact you seek refuge in offence speaks volumes. You are a moral coward.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
well this turned from progress and something good into something twisted and evil. Well done guys!:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:
The audience stands in applause

Im going to bed, i have a interview with the police in the morning and really just cant be bothered.

400bhp

Guru
The topic is about phones being used by motorists.
Do you want me to do off on a tangent and talk about how its wrong to use animals in cosmetic testing ? However since you think its opinion it must also be right to use animals in cosmetic testing, after all it does not directly affect me.. who gives a f**k

You really really don't get it do you.

I give up.

Top Bottom