"Modesty"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
I think I have the perfect tee for this moment.... The front says:

"It could be worse....
I could be naked"

I think I'd wear it just for the giggles to see who would look though ;) hehe

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought you were trying to avoid the un PC comments?

Oh that wasn't un PC, the cox doesn't need the burly physique

BRounsley

Über Member
There was a particular moment when one of the more mature woman in the office pointed out "I can see your c***!" when I walked in - in january.

Lorraine, even I can't see my junk. Its the middle of january! Alas, set me on edge a bit!

I used to do a similar length commute with the “walk of shame” through the office. My solution was to carry my pannier bag to the front of me until I got to the showers.

I still wear padded bibs on the weekend (just around the house!!!), but now wear “urban” cycle stuff on the commute. My commute is now very short but I often go the long way home which can be 30 miles plus. I’m fine without padding for that distance, so one option is try that.

I normally wear “urban” stuff from brands Rapha, Vulpine or Giro. They look like normal shorts with cycle features, such as a longer back, seams in right places and less flappy. More tailored than your classic MTB baggies. It also the advantage that if you’re not on the bike (like nipping into the supermarket), you can pass as a “normal” person. If that’s not working then you could try some padded underpants.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I used to do a similar length commute with the “walk of shame” through the office. My solution was to carry my pannier bag to the front of me until I got to the showers.

I still wear padded bibs on the weekend (just around the house!!!), but now wear “urban” cycle stuff on the commute. My commute is now very short but I often go the long way home which can be 30 miles plus. I’m fine without padding for that distance, so one option is try that.

I normally wear “urban” stuff from brands Rapha, Vulpine or Giro. They look like normal shorts with cycle features, such as a longer back, seams in right places and less flappy. More tailored than your classic MTB baggies. It also the advantage that if you’re not on the bike (like nipping into the supermarket), you can pass as a “normal” person. If that’s not working then you could try some padded underpants.

Im glad to hear about your experience with said shorts, I think some commuter style shorts but padded might be the way to go, Ive got some vulpine tops and love them so I might sart there.

I could make some extremely un PC comment but I won't :ohmy:

The GB, Australian, Kiwi ones come up to scratch...the ones who actually pull the oars, not the cox!

Most people only have one

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was thinking that this whole thing was a bit daft but then I remembered going into a supermarket in Dolgellau while wearing cycling kit ... I was reaching up to get something from a high shelf when I heard giggling from down the aisle. I turned and saw a couple of women actually pointing at my nether-regions (given my very quiet love life these days, perhaps never-regions would be more accurate! :laugh:). They were wittering away in Welsh and I did not need an interpreter to work out what they were saying! I fled from the store with what was left of my pride in tow ... :blush:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
One for the gents this.

I'm now frequently doing an 18 mile each way commute to work that I wouldn't dream of doing in anything other than padded bibs, but I'm insanely conscious that, well, things aren't always as well packaged when they arrive as perhaps they were when they left. I've tried wearing shorts Over the top but they're a bit restrictive and flap about something rotten.

Any ideas? I'm thinking some small running/marathon style shorts might do the trick? I feel this is something that seasoned commuters might have an old wives (no pun intended) trick for?!

Duck tape.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I was thinking that this whole thing was a bit daft but then I remembered going into a supermarket in Dolgellau while wearing cycling kit ... I was reaching up to get something from a high shelf when I heard giggling from down the aisle. I turned and saw a couple of women actually pointing at my nether-regions (given my very quiet love life these days, perhaps never-regions would be more accurate! :laugh:). They were wittering away in Welsh and I did not need an interpreter to work out what they were saying! I fled from the store with what was left of my pride in tow ... :blush:

Might have had something to do with the magazines you were grabbing from the top shelf!

Top Bottom