"Modesty"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know, bikes can't be black, bibs shorts can't be white or red. When will it ever end? :-)
When someone tries to board a replacement bus, wearing white bib shorts, on a black bike. That would be like dividing by zero.

subaqua

What’s the point
Have you ever been behind someone wearing white shorts that have gone a bit thin, who wants to see ar*e hair up close and I'm sure you've seen that Polish cycling team pic :ohmy: More bananas than Fyffes!
this also applies to ladies in leggings n yoga pants etc. even black ones that are stretched tighter than the skin of a hi hat show more than you think they are.
and yes guys i did just blow that bubble open, but it works both ways. there will be guys the ladies don't mind looking at like that ( David Gandy ? ) and those that they dont ( ME ) just as there are ladies who really really need to get a friend to check things .

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
this also applies to ladies in leggings n yoga pants etc. even black ones that are stretched tighter than the skin of a hi hat show more than you think they are.
and yes guys i did just blow that bubble open, but it works both ways. there will be guys the ladies don't mind looking at like that ( David Gandy ? ) and those that they dont ( ME ) just as there are ladies who really really need to get a friend to check things .

Hehehehehehe. "blow that bubble open".

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Why is the human male embarassed about his bits?. I think my workmates have got used to me in lycra although we used to have a lady who tried to pinch my rear once:ohmy: (mental note: Never go for that 'friday after-work pint' dressed in bibs and with the office lasses).Women rarely get embarassed about their curvy bits, so why are we worried about ours?.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
^ this.
Folks at my work are used to seeing me everyday in lycra, and they know on a guy so you know...
I look at it simply, I wouldn't go for a round of golf dressed as a snooker player, I wouldn't play rugby dressed ready for fencing. I'm a cyclist, I'm gonna dress for it.

U

User6179

Apologies for digging this thread up but I came across this article

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/bend-in-the-road-proper-chamois-placement-is-key-39013/

The one pair of bibs I have that fail the test by having the front panel too low are none other than DHB ones. Others have a thin front that does little in the way of modesty and the best pad in that respect I have seem to be Sugoi V control.

I sent my DHB ones back because the pad didn't cover my bum but nearly went up to my belly button at the front , I wonder if the pads are randomly stitched into the bibs .

Wolf616

Über Member
Put a banana down the front of your shorts before walking into the office and then, when somebody points and says 'mate I can see your nob', you can swiftly yank it out (the banana, steady there) and shout, 'no mate it's a banana'.Then you can proceed to peel and eat it, thus replenishing your energy levels after your commute. Everyone wins.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Put a banana down the front of your shorts before walking into the office and then, when somebody points and says 'mate I can see your nob', you can swiftly yank it out (the banana, steady there) and shout, 'no mate it's a banana'.Then you can proceed to peel and eat it, thus replenishing your energy levels after your commute. Everyone wins.

make sure it's the banana you take out and show

Top Bottom