Moisturiser darling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I've been busted!
I was getting ready for my ride today and Mrs S stuck her head around the bedroom door just in time to catch me putting moisturiser onto my face. I think she was a bit peeved because it was her "good" stuff. It's now open season on taking the mickey out of Slioch.
Please give me some comfort and tell me I'm not alone in doing this, and that a rubbing a lightly scented and slightly greasy product into your cheeks is a legitimate part of the winter cyclists armoury?

Diggs

Veteran
I will occasionally use moisturiser (more so when it annoyed my boss a few years ago) just generally. There have been really cold rides where I have put dabs of vaseline on my face

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I always try to moisturize, to keep me from wrinkling in the future. Just seems sensible to keep the skin up properly. I new a nurse who told me, without much evidence to back this up, that hands develop myriad little cracks which let germs in more readily in the winter.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I sometimes use whatever moisturiser Mrs G leaves lying around, otherwise my face would fall off. Which might be an improvement to be honest.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
It's a relief to find out I'm not the only bloke doing this, although some of the responses are a bit worrying, but I'll put that down to the time of night it is ^_^.

I moisturise twice a day, have done since I was about 17. I moisturise down to my chest because Marie Helvin told me too way back when I was young.

She was hot. Care to expand on how this scenario came about?

Nope, your a girl-man and your wife has justifiable grounds for divorce.

:dance:

I moisturise internally with absinthe.

...and pork pies. :laugh:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
It's a relief to find out I'm not the only bloke doing this, although some of the responses are a bit worrying, but I'll put that down to the time of night it is ^_^.

She was hot. Care to expand on how this scenario came about?
One upon a time, when I was younger and thin, I was a model. That's how I met Marie Helvin. Just the once but her advice about skin care - and it was simple advice - has stuck with me.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I read a great article ages ago which took great delight in ripping the genderisation (ooh, new word. where's the TM symbol?) of shampoo, moisturiser etc to absolute shreds. I guess we (as in society in general) should be grateful that activities such as brushing one's teeth are considered to be gender-neutral.

Last edited:
Top Bottom