Monster Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not much to be honest. Overall looks to be pretty useless for anything

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
That is something that really didn't need inventing and does bugger all to encourage more people to cycle as transport.

b44cb76520912dfbb13c8bf72e6a5c48.jpg

DRM

Guru
It actually looks in scale with Connor Dunne riding it, Hank looks tiny in comparison, I think I'd get altitude sickness sat on it though

aj101

When you said monster bike I thought it was going to be this one again!
Screen-Shot-2016-12-11-at-20.04.28.png

That's actually a pretty crazy build, although I wouldn't want to trust the welds on it on a hairy downhill, luft
or no luft
!

That GCN reminds me of the bike that was built up for the basketball player Shaquille O'Neal - the 36er wheel standard certainly makes cycling accessible for those nearing 7ft in stature. Other than that though the GCN one does seem to be looking to fix a problem that isn't really there. I bet it turns like a battleship.
shaq-bike-1-1601624870.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

I guess it was a fun thing to try. Even if you're a tall guy, you've still got to configure positions of the saddle, handlebars and pedals with respect to one another. Even a tall guy might have a bit of a problem putting his feet on the ground unless the cross tube was lowered for a suitable stand over height. The axle height is five inches higher than that of a 26" wheel; that's quite a big difference.

I can't help wondering where he got the 36" wheels from. Who build such things?

The geometry looks like any modern XS bike that a 5"1" woman would ride. The video shows the difficulties that small women have with bike geometry, but in the absence of " normal" bikes for xs people they dont know what normal feels like.

700c is the biggest wheel that can reasonably fit into a M frame. A 36" wheel can reasonably fit into an XL frame. The high bottom bracket would be ideal for proportionally longer cranks

Top Bottom