Monster Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

Looks fine for Conor Dunne, who is 6ft 8inch. :eek:
Being so tall has its disadvantages, too, like needing a long bed, or having to duck to walk through doorways. Driving a compact car would be a problem unless you drive with your head out the sunroof, but then you'd have to wear goggles. Then if it rains... I'll stick with being a short arse and standing on a concrete block to mount my bike. :laugh:

aj101

I can't help wondering where he got the 36" wheels from. Who build such things?
I think the 36 is a standard for unicycles, so rims, tyres and tubes already exist, you just need to lace it up to a hub

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

I think the 36 is a standard for unicycles, so rims, tyres and tubes already exist, you just need to lace it up to a hub
I was curious so I did a search. I found a Nimbus 36" for $900. Giant also makes one. Also found a Truebike with a typical Chinese translation for the description. It claims that with the standard gears, " acceleration is higher because one pedal revolution covered longer distance of the bicycle." I would have thought acceleration would be slower, not higher. And $4,440?

https://www.truebikes.eu/

Overall, it seems that most unicycles range from 16" to 24". I also saw mention of an electric unicycle, but you stand on it. The bike world is an interesting place.

Top Bottom