Mont Ventoux!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Great write-up and pictures.

Bit of a coincidence, as I've just got back from the same area - we also planned to ride the Ventoux but didn't get there in the end. We did some of the same Cols as you - D'Ornon, Glandon, Croix de Fer. We also did Madelaine and Alpe D'Huez (but not twice). It was brilliant and I think my favourite was Glandon / Croix de Fer (which is one climb really). We stayed in Bourg D'Oisans and as you say it was just a cyclist's town. Even the chemist had a retro bike in the window.

I won't hijack your thread with pics etc - but I kept a blog if anyone interested (in sig below).

Maybe meet at the Ventoux next year :smile:

gavintc

Guru
Watching this thread with interest - I'm planning on a weeks stay in the area, with one day doing the three ascents of Ventoux. My main worry is how interesting the surrounding area is for riding other days, and if it is a dull region for those coming who do not plan on riding.

Been to Ventoux a couple of times. Stayed with Craig at http://www.veloventoux.com. Craig is very welcoming host and can give lots of good advice. I can certainly recommend the area. There are some excellent cycling routes, in addition to Ventoux and I believe enough for non-cyclists to do.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That's where we stayed, very good, and highly recommended.
Me too but I looked again recently and the prices seem to have gone up. When I stayed with Craig a few years ago it was £45pn, IIRC, but now it's £60pp pn which is £120 per shared room unless I've misread it. It includes breakfast and afternoon tea but a 4* hotel would be cheaper.

Top Bottom