MooreLarge (Forme / Tern / Lake shoes / others distributor) into Administration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emanresu

Thanks for the heads up. Bagged at pair at less than £20 plus some cable locks. Now need some more shelves in the garage for all the stuff I've been buying.

Good morning,

As these are 24" demand may be low, great if useful to you.

1696059527635.png

Overall they seem to be have shifted most of the bikes and are offering a lot of spares, tyres, tubes, wheels, shoes and clothing over the weekend at least.

It seems that a lot of the traders are fully stocked up on the non/weak branded stuff and end users have got bored with the auction so there are some good value "commuter" grade items available, especially if you want a dozen or so.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Good morning,

There are quite a few of these available on Monday

1696654673759.png

There is only one caveat, I "won" a similar listing and they sent me two front wheels without skewers and the rims were different to the ones in the picture. They wouldn't respond to emails or call me back and someone on live chat said the two front wheels fufilled the order.

So I ended up doing a card charge back. I told them I was considering a charge back, Last chance before a chargeback, I have made a charge back request; no reply. So I can only assume that they decided it wasn't worth the effort to argue.

I don't see how two front wheels matches the description so I suspect that it was someone being stroppy over a mislisting and often auction houses like to bluster "it was an auction, that's what you are getting, tough"

If the front wheels I received are part of the same wheelset then these are very basic wheels so don't go overboard! I wanted them for a 10plus year old Carrera Vanquish so my requirments were quite low. There is a £32 bid on one set already, that's £54 delivered which is as high as I would go and even then it wouldn't be a bargain, just a good deal.

I did ask the online chat and they said they didn't know but may be able to request a photo of the item.

Bye

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Emanresu

Did you go through the whole 2800 lines of products on sale. This is this week's list

Attachments

• johnpyeauctions (1).xlsx
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Good morning,
Did you go through the whole 2800 lines of products on sale. This is this week's list
The simple answer is yes, there are normally about 50 web pages which span two or three days.

If I see something that I think seems likely to interest people here I put up a post, if you are looking for a bike then you would probably be checking the auction yourself. But some cheap shoes, a kid's racer or some cheap wheels for the commuter....

....... or even 3 pairs of bib shorts for £20 (ohps!) or 5xInner tubes with the wrong valves (drat) or a third pair of those etc shoes (just in case it rains a lot).

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Emanresu

This week's list. Out of the 2500 lines there are only a few hundred bikes. There is an electric Brompton on offer on the site.

There are also enough inner tubes/Tannus to take you around the world a few times.

Attachments

• Moore_Large_21_10_23.xlsx
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Jameshow

Veteran
I don't understand why they didn't stick the whole lot on eBay. The process seems very complicated, eBay would surely get a better return faster? This must be the slowest winding up ever!

Good morning,

This week's list. Out of the 2500 lines there are only a few hundred bikes. There is an electric Brompton on offer on the site.

There are also enough inner tubes/Tannus to take you around the world a few times.
I looked at a few reviews of Tannus tyres (solid tyres) and it appears that they take something like an hour to fit and that was by an expert and at a 200 watt output they consumed something like an extra 20 watts over a normal fastish tyre to overcome rolling resistance.

So all in all a reasonable choice for a shortish commute but not for a "go faster one".
I don't understand why they didn't stick the whole lot on eBay. The process seems very complicated, eBay would surely get a better return faster? This must be the slowest winding up ever!
That seems to be where a huge chunk of it is ending up anyway.

The problem is who would manage it?

If you were cynical you might suggest the whole insolvency process seems to be based around maximising fees for those involved in managing the wind up rather that maximizing the value of what remains of the business for the benefit of creditors. So think what a precedent you would be setting if you employed a single temp on £20 per hour to manage the whole ebay auction and it only lasted a month? :laugh: :laugh:

https://despair.com/products/consulting
c1.png

As mentioned on another thread I can't bid anymore.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Emanresu

This week's auction list. Still a few bikes if you are looking for a kid's bike or a small electric one for Xmas. Tons of accessories though.

Some nice rain jackets but they don't give a size!!

Attachments

• 632_1_fullsize.jpg
    632_1_fullsize.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Moore_Large_28_10.xls
    533 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom