More real steel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still on O2. Apparently the pain/numbness is radiating from L1/L2 area, which has not had work done. So something has gone awry. It's unlikely they'll do anything about it, so probably home tomorrow, with a nice corset to wear. I kid you not...

vickster

Legendary Member
Still on O2. Apparently the pain/numbness is radiating from L1/L2 area, which has not had work done. So something has gone awry. It's unlikely they'll do anything about it, so probably home tomorrow, with a nice corset to wear. I kid you not...
I had to wear one of those for 3 months after my discectomy in 1993...I remember it fondly...not

I'd suggest a switch to Vodafone or EE ;)

Home tomorrow, having been issued this natty little number...

You can see them all swooning, I'm sure...

Home. The amazing Mrs DCB braved storm Dennis, and braved was the right word. The return journey was appalling.
And someone REALLY needs to do something about the state of the roads around Bristol. Every tiny bump, and plenty of bloody big ones, made me grit my teeth in pain. God knows what it would have been like in a lesser car.
Anyhow, recovery officially starts now!
:biggrin:

Hidden under this are two or three very large, ie inches long, deep tension sutures. I'd blanked this horror out of my mind from last time. Whatever job they are perceived to do, one thing they do do is cause a lot of pain. They're out tomorrow, screw the timetable. And a new dressing will ease the equally relentless dragging from the wound as it heals and shrinks.
Just to add insult to all this, mega-painkillers are causing mega-constipation. Ok, too much info...but I'm drowning in laxatives also, so once those sutures are out, it's down to the human-compatible drain cleaner that is a phosphates enema. It will mean a couple of hours spent in the bathroom, but then I'll have you lovely lot for company...
:smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
You name it, I'm using it. Just hoping the nuclear option is avoidable!
Stopping the opioid meds will help or at least reducing if you can. It took me nearly a week after my back op in 1993, times were different then..I was still in hospital...I had to use a commode on the ward :ohmy:
TMI ummmm maybe!

Stopping the opioid meds will help or at least reducing if you can. It took me nearly a week after my back op in 1993, times were different then..I was still in hospital...I had to use a commode on the ward :ohmy:
TMI ummmm maybe!
They actually let me out without the required production, most unusual, especially with the fusion type ops; it's one of the things they need to know they haven't screwed up.

Top Bottom