More Triban problems...

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've recently had problems with the lads 650c Triban wheels, needed tensioning and truing and the hubs were rougher than a badgers arse. It's not a big fix though, it's the cones which are cheap and pitted but the cups seem fine. New cones and bearings seems to be a cheap and simple fix.
But on any road bike (IMO) the wheels are uneccessarily the weakest point and on the Triban this does seem to be the weak point. Everything else thus far is sound

Shimano R501s at Ribble, circa £85 the set (they state they will have R500 stickers but are 501s, however in the world that came to be ?)...but R500s are brilliant wheels for the money. My winter commuters had them on for three years, all weathers.
£85, you can't go wrong. I paid that for my 500s four years ago.
They are listed at £67.46 today.
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...andard-spoke-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr202

I'd budget to replace them sooner rather than later though guys.

I'm not knocking them as I pointed out in post #2, just stating the fact they are undeniably cheap.

If money's no object then ride them into the ground then replace/upgrade accordingly.

If downtime is an issue then maybe replace/upgrade early to avoid it, and you can always keep the original wheels as winter/spares/back ups.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just buy a pair of Fulcrum Racing 7 and be done with it! TBH, the triban wheels are shoot, but the bike itself is pretty good. Edwards80 on here rides one with a pair of Mavic wheels and he has done several thousand of miles on it (6k+ miles IIRC).

My girlfriend has one, but it has probably only done about 100 miles, if that.

They are listed at £67.46 today.
That's nothing, my LBS sells 'em for £67.45 a pair when they're out of stock :tongue:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Fitted a pair of those Shimanos to my Triban earlier this year. They have made a world of difference - slightly lighter, smooth running and, most importantly, good loking.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My lbs sells Zipps at £2.50 each until they are back in stock :becool:

Tried the new rims out today matey (have been way to busy and lazy recently lol) well pleased with them thank your mate for the deal wont you.

Is your LBS called Planet X? Bait and switch merchants!

Top Bottom