Most accidents happen in the home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wobbler

First day out on my bike after dad had taken the stabilisers off. Came down the road, turned into the drive, missed the path, hit the edge of the lawn, shot myself over the bars, cracked my head.
12 months later trying to push some garden cricket stumps into the lawn, but the ground was too hard, fetched this hammer thing a bit like a mountaineers ice axe. The stump kept falling over so I thought hit it hard and fast. Swung it over the back of my head, cracked my head again with the pointy end.
12 months later. Watching dad decorating, I noticed all the dust going into the electric socket, I thought I would help by covering it with a piece of old wallpaper, but it kept falling off. Then I found these three nails, first one to hold those springy safety things down, second one no problem, number three their was a big flash. Reading this back it explains a lot.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
15 cm - that's only, er, 5.9 inches - yikes - you wouldn't exactly have to be King Dong to get yourself into trouble with that baby! :eek:

On the other hand (so to speak) imagine the embarrassment if you tried it and it DIDN'T chop yer willy off!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The author of that BMJ article had a sense of humour. His last sentence says that the victims were "driven to new lengths by the novelty of the experience and came to grief".

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On the other hand (so to speak) imagine the embarrassment if you tried it and it DIDN'T chop yer willy off!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif
Now it's hardly the kind of thing that you'd own up to at a party, is it - "I've got the hots for my Hoover Dustette, but don't worry - it's safe because I have a small penis"!

(Er, that wasn't about me. I was imagining someone else saying it ... :blush:)

Lisa21

Mooching.............
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

Now it's hardly the kind of thing that you'd own up to at a party, is it - "I've got the hots for my Hoover Dustette, but don't worry - it's safe because I have a small penis"!

(Er, that wasn't about me. I was imagining someone else saying it ... :blush:)

I love this place :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I broke my ankle

I was trying to "Play" football on my sounds birthday, I was about 30 stone, it was in our paved garden

"Jumped" to head the ball, landed and BOOM goodbye ankle

I note that the 'Dustette' episodes date from many years ago. Nowadays of course, the Nanny State Health 'n Safety brigade would bend over backwards to protect the manufacturers the customer from litigation self-injury.

"Caution: this product may be hazardous to those with long penises"

I think I need to state categorically, that my own personal vacuum-cleaner-electrocution incident was entirely non-m*st*rbatory in nature. Well, I have to state that, utterly categorically. Everyone's just got to believe me, here.... Ok well, no-one's going to believe me. Oh damn! :biggrin:

Sleeping Menace

this is embarrassing

I had thrown my back out, coming off my downhill bike at about 40mph and kissing a small elm tree on the way by. Aside from the back aching, I was bruised up fairly well on whole right side.
After much ado.. I was finally in the tub, laying down, soaking in the hottest water I could stand..

the inane little 4-legged b**tard cat I had, decided to walk along the edge of the tub.. but wasn't bright enough to do it without slipping in...
he HATED water.. and as he landed on my groin, which was about 3 inches under the level of the water, he began thrashing and clawing wildly at anything and everything trying to get back out of the tub... it probably only took him.. 3-4 seconds to get out.. but he had scratched me to hell in places never designed to come in contact with cats claws..... of course, I tried to sit up very quickly, further hurting my back, so I was now trapped in the tub, in agony from both spasming back, and my entire mid-section having been scratched to ribbons by the cat. .. Was an hour before I could get myself out of the tub..and sorted out.....
.. bloody cat.

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org/category/cycling/

Top Bottom