Motivation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Every winter , my motivation to ride my bike goes down to near 0 so I wondered how to get it back without having to wait till warmer days? I came up with one suggestion: buying a new bike.^_^
Really, this is a daft idea as I often come up with that but don't do anything about it as it would just be another unnecessary expense and not justifiable, having 3 bikes already. :blush:
Oh well, dreaming cost nothing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just MTFU? Cheaper than a new bike :okay:

Since I've got a power meter (and virtual pm from Trainer Road before hand) and started doing interval training on the turbo, I've managed to keep up motivation when I just can't get out, BKool, Zwift etc probably do something similar. Where before I found the turbore very monotonous and would lose motivation if I couldn't get out.

MilkRace

I'm interested to hear what motivates people too....so I'll follow the thread.

As for the cold weather bit though......fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your preference, being in Australia we're suffering the polar opposite, its simply too hot most of the time....but I'm guessing there's many here that wouldn't mind a bit of that at the moment?

I also find that riding solo, as most of my friends aren't into cycling (hiking is their thing), does tend to make it a tad boring at times too.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My motivation is huge taxi bills and long commuting times if using public transport.
The taxis would be for when there is no public transport to get to my shift work.
More motivation comes from not wanting to become the shape of a haggis :laugh:

Top Bottom