Motor home parked in disabled bay for three weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A neighbour has 'borrowed' a motor home and parked it in a disabled bay. I asked him the other day what he was going to do with it. He told me that he either intends to go on holiday in it, or buy it and go from there. He has a blue disabled parking badge which he's put on display in the thing's window. Obviously with it taking up two thirds of the disabled bay it stops other blue badge users from parking there. My question is is he allowed to park such a vehicle indefinitely in a disabled parking bay?🤔

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately Googke suggests there’s no time limit in a bay unless signage ot local regs say otherwise. Ask the council

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the same. I thought those bays were for short term stay only. I think he's 'hoarding' it there indefinitely. He could've parked it up lower down that the MOT place across the road.

As said, ask the council 👍🏻
If it’s a bay on a residential road, those can be used longer term

Are you wanting to use one of the spaces yourself or are you just after causing more arguments with your neighbours?
Just asking.... :whistle:

What do you think, If it even exists!

There's usually photographic evidence of such crimes, I remember the overflowing bin scandal.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What do you think, If it even exists!

There's usually photographic evidence of such crimes, I remember the overflowing bin scandal.

I actually have a photograph of the thing parked in the disabled bay, but with there being nasty types on the internet maybe it's not wise to post them which would then identify the vehicle and the location.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go on, you’d be doing society a favour! :whistle:

Not only is it parked up there, but it also has what I'd call childish bordering on offensive writing on the vehicle. I'll post a pic' of both later.:okay: I hope the person in question doesn't see this thread, but if he does I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just asking if he's allowed to keep it there, taking up space that others need.

Last edited:

presta

Guru
In a similar vein, I've noticed that our new electric car charge points are usually occupied by those not using them. I assume that's not illegal either (yet).

Top Bottom