Motor home parked in disabled bay for three weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I’m guessing being a 1993 that it could be between £7,000 to £12,000 depending on condition, mileage and if it’s a RHD, or a LHD import, but Hymer A Class motor homes are a nice place to camp out in

Yes, given it is 1993, I would tend to agree, as I said, I didn’t know year of registration. Diesels of that age fall foul of many clean air zones.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I love these threads of yours @Accy cyclist

The car lover, Accy, complaining about parking.
Rants about blue badges.
Advice on social skills from @shep

Magic.

0/10 Young Arrowfoot needs to think harder before spilling hateful bile on the internet.

You must be reasonably educated, have a level of intelligence and maturity to have an informed discussion. The original blue badge scheme only considered physical and mobility disability as it is a spatial issue. There are over 2m blue badge holders and there are limited bays and they are often occupied in popular shopping locations.

The non physical disability conditions were added later.

If you can contribute anything to this debate intelligence wise, I am sure it will be welcome. It might help fight the cause for the mobility disabled to regain their space.

Alex321

Veteran
That's a Fiat Ducato van, not a Hymer motorhome.

Why does it being a Fiat Ducato mean it isn't a Hymer Motorhome?

Almost all motorhomes are based on a "donor" van - with Fiat Ducato being one of the more common. There are very few motorhome "manufacturers" who actually make the chassis/engine/mechanicals.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A neighbour has 'borrowed' a motor home
Why is the word borrowed in quotes? Are you suggesting that they haven't really borrowed it?

Why does it being a Fiat Ducato mean it isn't a Hymer Motorhome?

Almost all motorhomes are based on a "donor" van - with Fiat Ducato being one of the more common. There are very few motorhome "manufacturers" who actually make the chassis/engine/mechanicals.

Are they registered with the DVLA as manufactured by the original chassis/mechanicals makers?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Are they registered with the DVLA as manufactured by the original chassis/mechanicals makers?

Yes, the chassis manufacturer is always the make of the vehicle for registration purposes. Whether it's literally a van conversion which leaves it looking largely familar to the van it's based on, or a large scale coachbuilding which only leaves the front end looking like a Peugeot, Mercedes etc. They're registered as a Peugeot or a Mercedes, never as a Westfalia or a Hymer. Same in the US, there's no such vehicle as a Winnebago, it'll be registered as a GMC or a Ford, it's just that the coachbuilding was done by Winnebago.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... There are over 2m blue badge holders and there are limited bays and they are often occupied in popular shopping locations.
Blue badge holders are not only permitted to park in 'disabled' bays. They can park in many other places too. :okay:
Exactly what "bile" do you think he spilled in that post? I saw none.

Arrowfoot seems to have expressed an opinion that some (non-physical) disabilities shouldn't count and therefore those sorts of people mustn't be allowed to partake in the blue badge scheme.

vickster

Legendary Member
Blue badge holders are not only permitted to park in 'disabled' bays. They can park in many other places too. :okay:
Nor are all 2m Blue Badge holders looking for public parking spaces at the same time.

My parents each have a BB, however, they only have one car and much of the time they are out together so would only need one badge. However, they both require one and the rules state that my mum cannot use my dad's badge without him present and vice versa, hence they have two.

Top Bottom