Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
The Tuono V4 is a brilliant bike, if wasn’t for the sketchy dealer network and reliability issues, I would have bought one instead of my S1000R. However I’ve completely gelled with the BMW, so I ended up with the right bike.

keithmac

Guru
We stopped selling Piaggio Group bikes (Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio, Gilera, Moto Guzzi).

Nothing wrong with the bikes but treated their dealers like sh1t. We were expected to warranty repair bikes that we'd never sold (some dealers were selling them retail for less than we could buy them for at cost!) at half our hourly workshop rate.

Half the faults were due to crap, none existent PDI's.

I'm sure we actually lost money the last year before we removed main dealer status.

The BMW S1000R is an excellent bike, you've made a great choice there 👍.

My brother does the catering for Synetiq BMW so I get free tickets for BSB. I also got a grid walk before one the races at Oulton last year. The beemers seem to be a little more competitive with M model.

Gunk

Guru
The BMW S1000R is an excellent bike, you've made a great choice there

definitely, be even better when this bad boy is fitted tomorrow!

keithmac

Guru
I fitted a system for a customer on an S1000R that required chopping the silence/ catalyst off the downpipes, it was a sad day!. Sounded bloody horrific straight through pipes basically!.

That Akrapovic will be just right imho.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
We stopped selling Piaggio Group bikes (Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio, Gilera, Moto Guzzi).

Nothing wrong with the bikes but treated their dealers like sh1t. We were expected to warranty repair bikes that we'd never sold (some dealers were selling them retail for less than we could buy them for at cost!) at half our hourly workshop rate.

Years ago now the company I worked for had loads of Iv*cos, the one I had the misfortune to pilot had a lengthy list of faults when it was about a fortnight old. Took it to the main dealers (literally about 75 yards away) and they tried to wriggle out of every last thing mostly because 'we didn't sell it'. An interesting 'debate' followed and eventually they did the work required.

I most certainly see why your company wouldn't want to do the repairs if they're not being paid properly, but you'd think the vehicle company would make sure they did, as it appears extremely unprofessional to the customer.

Must hasten to add I'm not having a go at you, or the dealership you work for.

keithmac

Guru
Years ago now the company I worked for had loads of Iv*cos, the one I had the misfortune to pilot had a lengthy list of faults when it was about a fortnight old. Took it to the main dealers (literally about 75 yards away) and they tried to wriggle out of every last thing mostly because 'we didn't sell it'. An interesting 'debate' followed and eventually they did the work required.

I most certainly see why your company wouldn't want to do the repairs if they're not being paid properly, but you'd think the vehicle company would make sure they did, as it appears extremely unprofessional to the customer.

Must hasten to add I'm not having a go at you, or the dealership you work for.

No I can see it from both sides, ultimately if the manufacturer paid a proper labour rate for warranty repairs this type of thing wouldn't happen.

We did suck it up for years but got to the point where it was not worth selling them unfortunately.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Appear to have gone over to the dark side...

1630010255760.png

...a handful of rides later and I'm hooked. It's far easier to ride than I expected and actually very pleasant, though would possibly grate a bit over rough roads and longer journeys. It's only the 883, allegedly some HD riders say these aren't a 'proper' Harley, but that would be their problem, if it's true.

keithmac

Guru
Appear to have gone over to the dark side...

View attachment 606187

...a handful of rides later and I'm hooked. It's far easier to ride than I expected and actually very pleasant, though would possibly grate a bit over rough roads and longer journeys. It's only the 883, allegedly some HD riders say these aren't a 'proper' Harley, but that would be their problem, if it's true.

I've worked on a fair few 883's nice bike and a lot more manageable than the Road Kings etc.

Top Bottom