Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I'm wondering whether Williams might not take a punt on Jamie Chadwick. She is their development driver after all...

There's no guarantee Giovinazzi is going to stay at Alfa, consensus seems to be not, especially since there are more than just a few rumours floating around that Alfa will be switching to Mercedes engines next year. If that's the case, it's more likely to be a driver with a Mercedes retainer who takes that seat. I can't see Albon going there if he's still attached to Red Bull.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm wondering whether Williams might not take a punt on Jamie Chadwick. She is their development driver after all...

There's no guarantee Giovinazzi is going to stay at Alfa, consensus seems to be not, especially since there are more than just a few rumours floating around that Alfa will be switching to Mercedes engines next year. If that's the case, it's more likely to be a driver with a Mercedes retainer who takes that seat. I can't see Albon going there if he's still attached to Red Bull.

Toto is asking Albon to sever ties with Red Bull before he goes to Williams or Alfa.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/98673...lliams-f1-seat-without-wolff-s-unusual-demand

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
But will he? Helmut Marko also has a part to play, and ultimately, he has the casting ballot in this.

I'd rather imagine Alpha Tauri will most likely drop Tsunoda and put Albon back in that seat instead. If they let him go, and given that RB have re-signed Perez for next year, it's more or less admitting that their driver academy programme is in a bit of a shambles.

D

Deleted member 1258

But will he? Helmut Marko also has a part to play, and ultimately, he has the casting ballot in this.

I'd rather imagine Alpha Tauri will most likely drop Tsunoda and put Albon back in that seat instead. If they let him go, and given that RB have re-signed Perez for next year, it's more or less admitting that their driver academy programme is in a bit of a shambles.

Good question, time will tell, don't you just love the drivers merry go round.? :laugh:

I think as Russell's manager - and assuming it's true - I'd amend this to:
Russell has never been out qualified by a team mate in 36 Grand Prix races with Williams.
:P

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Yes. Not sure how much there was in it, but I remember that he had to wear boots a size too small or his feet wouldn't fit.

That's almost late 80s-esque, where the trend was for very narrow cockpits.

Other than the Ferrari, where John Barnard pioneered the flappy paddle shift, all the other cars still ran a standard H-shift, so you got those "bubbles" on the side of the tub to accommodate the gear lever. Cue a lot of barked knuckles.

The Ross Brawn-designed Arrows A11 was notorious for its cramped cockpit. Sod's law the team had two of the bigger guys on the grid.

Top Bottom