Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I was so pleased Carlos won, more because b***dy Max didn't.

My first post in the motorsports area and I'm involved in rallying on tarmac & forest stuff, but on the officials side. Stage rallying is way too fast for me :laugh: so I compete in navigation rallies.

I also help provide results services on various events. I'm not sure which is the more stressful, competing or results.

Of the sort that uses pencil, paper and OS maps, and where it's a navigator assisting the driver by having to plot the route, and not a co-driver who yells out pace notes. :becool:

Oh, and welcome :hello:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
You said that there were lots of examples of the incident last weekend: "has done lots of moves like this before"

I'm not seeing it so far?

sddefault.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I was so pleased Carlos won, more because b***dy Max didn't.

My first post in the motorsports area and I'm involved in rallying on tarmac & forest stuff, but on the officials side. Stage rallying is way too fast for me :laugh: so I compete in navigation rallies.

I also help provide results services on various events. I'm not sure which is the more stressful, competing or results.

I would like to see Carlos back at Red Bull for several reasons.

1. He would run closer to Max than Sergio. He probably wouldn't dominate, but he'd be enough of a thorn in his side to ruin Max's karma and the resulting fireworks would be good, and he'd take some wins along the way.

2. We'd see more competition at the front, even if its just Carlos v Max.

3. It'd annoy Twotto Wilf.

4. It'd seriously upset Fezza to have Carlos in a faster car suddenly beating them after letting him go. I think Fezza have backed the wrong horse with LeClerc, and I'd love to see Carlos shove it up their collective arriss.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I dunno @Drago - there's only so much of Helmut Marko that anyone can take AND retain their sanity. I suspect we're much more likely to see Carlos either at Audi or Mercedes.

Having said that, it's pretty clear there's an internal power struggle going on at Red Bull that's currently far from being resolved given that it's sort of unstoppable force vs immovable object. If and when that resolves itself, inevitably resulting in people leaving the team, we'll have a better idea of whether any seats there are available - or not, as the case might be.

I think the key person here is Adrian Newey. If he stays, then I think the status quo will remain in terms of drivers at red Bull. If he goes (and there's talk of him moving to Ferrari), I think Verstappen will likely up sticks from RB as well. With Newey gone though, it does make Red Bull a much less attractive destination. Also bearing in mind Newey is 65 years old, so how much longer will he be around for anyway?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
2002 And I think US grand Prix Schumacher gifts Barrichello a win for obeying team orders in previous races .

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4-nLZeNGow/?igsh=MWpkdHA1aGcyZHp6cQ==

figbat

Slippery scientist

Wilberforce

Of the sort that uses pencil, paper and OS maps, and where it's a navigator assisting the driver by having to plot the route, and not a co-driver who yells out pace notes. :becool:

Oh, and welcome :hello:

Oh yes. I love to tell my driver where to go. And sometimes how to drive. GET OFF THE BLOODY BRAKE, hahaha.

He has asked me where does the road go while I'm trying to plot. I asked why? Cos we are doing 100 mph. Of course it was on private land you understand.

Wilberforce

I would like to see Carlos back at Red Bull for several reasons.

1. He would run closer to Max than Sergio. He probably wouldn't dominate, but he'd be enough of a thorn in his side to ruin Max's karma and the resulting fireworks would be good, and he'd take some wins along the way.

2. We'd see more competition at the front, even if its just Carlos v Max.

3. It'd annoy Twotto Wilf.

4. It'd seriously upset Fezza to have Carlos in a faster car suddenly beating them after letting him go. I think Fezza have backed the wrong horse with LeClerc, and I'd love to see Carlos shove it up their collective arriss.

I'm not sure Checo would agree with you. But who is going to take Hamilton's seat? I've not seen anything but I don't have my ear to the ground as they say

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Oh, btw... Next year Lola are returning to motorsport in partnership with Yamaha - they'll be competing in Formula E

Of course, this is not the same Lola run by Eric Broadley out of The Stukeleys just up the road in Huntingdon, but it's nice to see an old name back. I hope it's not going to end up in a farce.

I'd wondered where Mark Preston had gone given that he'd left Techeetah over a year ago, and turns out he'll be Lola's new Sporting Director. I always keep an eye out for him - he was one of the external supervisors for my PhD while he was at McLaren.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not sure Checo would agree with you. But who is going to take Hamilton's seat? I've not seen anything but I don't have my ear to the ground as they say

Checo doesn't even agree with his own Dad! They regularly contradict each other in the media.

The reality is that I think Sainz is not only the quicker driver at the moment, but he's the better racer too. I can see Perez being out for '25 u less he has a particularly hot season.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Checo doesn't even agree with his own Dad! They regularly contradict each other in the media.

The reality is that I think Sainz is not only the quicker driver at the moment, but he's the better racer too. I can see Perez being out for '25 u less he has a particularly hot season.

Perez has been out soon since the day he joined Red Bull.

Sparks flew when Sainz and Verstappen when they were at Toro Rosso and the atmosphere was often described as toxic at best so even though Sainz is more than good enough for the Red Bull seat I can't see it happening while their dad's are in the picture.

Top Bottom