Moulton Midi

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by User, 21 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. User

User Guest

Drago and Cycleops like this.
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

That’s really nice. I’d get it into shape, do a few rides before deciding what to do with it.

3. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

4. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

@User they have a good following make it rdieable then pass it on

When i was about 12 i use to ride around a local building site on one of them eventually i fell of and broke my arm

Fab Foodie and raleighnut like this.
  5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Billy Moore's sister had one, I had a go on it once, never again. :eek: :ohmy: :B) :cry:

biggs682 likes this.
  6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

[QUOTE 5123224, member: 45"]Well here it is, the ebay bargain mentioned elsewhere.

I know. It fell out of the ugly tree. But I wanted to get hold of one to see what the fuss was about.

I'm not sure what to do with it now. Everything works and there's nothing significantly wrong with it. It's a bit rusty in places and needs a clean and new bearings, but that's about it. The problem is that this afternoon I'm picking up a 1950s Triumph, and its a beauty. I don't have time to do both, so I'm not sure whether to pass it straight on or leave it in the shed for a few months.[/QUOTE]
    Tempted but still holding on for @User42423 Moulton to be freed-up from current duties.
    I’ve let a mate in Abingdon know however, not only did we ride his mother’s as kids him and his wife also have modern Moultons.

Drago likes this.
  7. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

The chainring guard just screams, "Look at the gear I'm pushing!"

I sourced a larger sprocket for the MK 3 I did up for my Mum. I can vouch that the Moulton rides far better than the Hercules folder I have at the moment.

8. dbeattie

dbeattie Well-Known Member

That's the 3/4 size one. I got one of those a year or so ago and cleaned it up. Works fine but far too small for me. My wife is quite wee and it fits her fine.

User45 likes this.
  9. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

I've just seen this - almost a matching pair ...

10. alicat

alicat Legendary Member

I learnt to ride aged 8 on a Moulton mini. I loved it to bits. It died of lack of maintenance when I was about 13.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice