Mounting a Garmin Edge in front of handlebars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
As the title says.
My Edge 800 is mounted on the stem but I would prefer to have it a few inches further forward just so that I don't have to look quite so far down to read it.
I've been searching the interweb and found a few solutions but all seem well over-priced to me.
The 3T mount looks lovely but at over £200 is well out of my range. Even the little plastic mounts I've seen are over £30 :ohmy:
I need to buy 2 (one for each bike) which doesn't help either.
Has anyone managed this without having to sell a Kidney?
I'd appreciate any advice/pictures.

I forget which company but a mate of mine got a bracket from another company (still owned by Garmin I think) for a fraction of the cost (£30 iirc) and bolted the mount onto it and it has done the job perfectly for several months of frequent exposure to high distances, speeds, etc I'll have a look if I can see anything on FB.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Thanks guys. They look similar to what I've been looking at too. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and try not to think about the price too much :laugh:

I suppose it's better to pay for a quality item rather than save a few pounds and end up watching my 800 bouncing down the road :wacko:

2PedalsTez

Über Member
For your ref, Wiggle told me that they will be taking stock of the K-Edge bracket at the end of this month.
Bit pricey, but I shall treat myself to another piece of bling!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-bar-...-Topeak_Bar_Xtender_Handlebar_Extension-Black

Something like that? Works well with on my road bike with a Vista, and also gives me somewhere forward of the bars to fit a light.

Although used here on a recumbent trike, Optima do a headset "ring" that fits under the stem cap and allows computer to mount

DSCF0776.jpg

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Just to make it worse I think the K edge is for 31.8mm bars, mine are 25.4mm :sad:
Shame because I like the look of it.
Loads of tape required :laugh:

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
OK, here's the problem - I've decided to get the K Edge but can't find anywhere that has stock :cursing:

Has anyone managed to buy one of these? (if so what did you think of it when it arrived?) and where did you get it from?

I could just wait until it comes back in-stock at Wiggle but I'm an impatient sod :wacko:

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
OK, I've given up trying to find anywhere with stock. Just ordered it from Wiggle who expect stock early next month :sad:

Ordered a 31.8 - 25.4mm shim so that it'll mount on my skinny bars too.

Forking out £43 just to mount my Edge hurt though I can tell you :cry:Not only am I an impatient sod, I'm a tight git too :laugh:

Top Bottom