Move Wider for Rider-Boot stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Thoughts?

I saw a similar road sign in Australia last year and thought they were a great idea. Also on the back of buses was 1.5m minimum pass law.

The image is work in progress so will change in colour, size, phrase etc. But I think it conveys the message perfectly. Most of us drive cars as well. The idea to get the message out there more prominently. I for one think close pass is by far the most common car, cycle incident.

I positioned the car totally in the other lane, because that is what best practice you should do. Australia 1.5law.jpg

If every cyclist put one of these types stickers on their cars, it would be mass safety publication.

I will hopefully get these priced up in the sticky vinyl

Its a PDF format

Attachments

• Move Wider for the rider.pdf
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
D

Deleted member 26715

Why reinvent the wheel, why not just copy the one on the back of the lorry?

D

Deleted member 26715

https://staywider.org/ Shame it's got Larndun on it, but maybe that could be cut off

Edit:- Although they are Free you can't get them unless you make a donation lol, which is fair enough as they have to pay postage, but that's not what they are advertising

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought the PDF image conveyed the message more clearly, because humans cant measure gaps, so by placing the car where its supposed to be overtaking a cyclist, completely across the other side of the line. The message is clearer

D

Deleted member 26715

I thought the PDF image conveyed the message more clearly, because humans cant measure gaps, so by placing the car where its supposed to be overtaking a cyclist, completely across the other side of the line. The message is clearer
But it may not be necessary to move over to the other lane to give the 1.5M, I always do when I can, but on some roads a straddle is all that is needed. Not trying to piss on your parade, but the Australian one & the Lardun one convey the message better as I see it. Maybe redo yours in the yellow & back to see if that has the effect?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Great idea, @CXRAndy. I would love one for my car or the back of a hi-viz vest.

I prefer the black and yellow theme - it's more eye-catching. Also the 'sharing saves lives' message of the Oz campaign.

I'll continue to improve the graphics and colour scheme. Yellow with black would be my preferred option.

@Phaeton I agree it may not be possible but the set best practise as far over the better, a clear centre marker line conveys that. Thanks for your input though:okay:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Message may be, but the point I was making is that the image isn't.

D

Deleted member 26715

@CXRAndy I'm not trying to dissuade you, I think it's a great idea & when it comes to your printing run will probably have several off you, but the message/image does need to be right.

classic33

Leg End Member
Following on from/Inspired by the Australian one...
Stayin Alive.jpg

I've had the "Give Cyclists Room" enlarged to three foot, then used two cycling through Manchester.

If the one in the pdf were printed, what'd be the cost, and how big an uptake?

Top Bottom