Moving a ground anchor..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wondered at the time about the picture..... but was busy getting ready for the assault on the ground anchor... clever joke:okay:... I had to google the image... Should of realised Mrs V likes them and has one or 2 of their albums....
Worst band name ever.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Epilogue.

The carbon roadie is anchored as discussed previously... I then bought a couple of cheap hitch rings from work and screwed them in to the joints between the concrete panels then araldited over the heads and locked the the 2 new MTBs to them just to slow down any scallys who may take a fancy to them...

Mrs V came in and said...

So both your bikes are chained up his bike is chained up and he has spare bmx...

Me: Err.. Yeah and?

Mrs V: well you have a spare if one is knicked and can use the car if not and Ben can walk to school...

Me: Yeah and...

Mrs V: Well I can't walk to work.. I have to use mine so what about my bike...

Me: err.. It can take its chances....

Mrs V: Charming:rolleyes: I know.. If needs must you can drop the seat on your carbon and swap the pedals for me:tongue:

Me: :ohmy:

Probably serves me right... But it aint ever happening:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Epilogue.

The carbon roadie is anchored as discussed previously... I then bought a couple of cheap hitch rings from work and screwed them in to the joints between the concrete panels then araldited over the heads and locked the the 2 new MTBs to them just to slow down any scallys who may take a fancy to them...

Mrs V came in and said...

So both your bikes are chained up his bike is chained up and he has spare bmx...

Me: Err.. Yeah and?

Mrs V: well you have a spare if one is knicked and can use the car if not and Ben can walk to school...

Me: Yeah and...

Mrs V: Well I can't walk to work.. I have to use mine so what about my bike...

Me: err.. It can take its chances....

Mrs V: Charming:rolleyes: I know.. If needs must you can drop the seat on your carbon and swap the pedals for me:tongue:

Me: :ohmy:

Probably serves me right... But it aint ever happening:okay:
Why?

OP
OP
simon the viking

Why Have I anchored them? or Why would they take a fancy to them?

the answer to the first is because the garage is not that secure and the answer to the second is that although not worth a massive amount they are both shiny and new and if any local scallys are paying any attention they will see a procession of different bikes leaving our property, so anything to slow up thieves is a bonus surely?

There have been a few break ins the other side of the 'Village' over the last few weeks so combined with the light not working garage I am reasonably happy with my security.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why Have I anchored them? or Why would they take a fancy to them?

the answer to the first is because the garage is not that secure and the answer to the second is that although not worth a massive amount they are both shiny and new and if any local scallys are paying any attention they will see a procession of different bikes leaving our property, so anything to slow up thieves is a bonus surely?

There have been a few break ins the other side of the 'Village' over the last few weeks so combined with the light not working garage I am reasonably happy with my security.
The dropping of the saddle and changing the pedals moreso.

OP
OP
simon the viking
The dropping of the saddle and changing the pedals moreso.

Oh I see.... sorry.... its a medium Propel so if I dropped the seat she could ride it (as Mrs V is 6 inches shorter than me) But she won't go clipless and its fitted with SPD-SL.... so she'd have to shove newspaper in my size 11's anyway....

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh I see.... sorry.... its a medium Propel so if I dropped the seat she could ride it (as Mrs V is 6 inches shorter than me) But she won't go clipless and its fitted with SPD-SL.... so she'd have to shove newspaper in my size 11's anyway....
An extra pair or two of socks in the coming colder weather would do it as well.

Once the pedals are swapped.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Hehe that’s what we all say but we all know who really is in charge ;)

I've seen the scratches on her bike from the stand she locks it to at work...... Now if she authorised the purchase of a new carbon bike with Di2 then I may let her have it... however as the odds of that are slightly longer than Elon Musk ringing me and asking me to command the first manned Mars mission.... I repeat.... she isn't riding IT!!!!

tom73

Guru
Oh the long game plan is it? Now that often work’s drip feed an idea even better make out it was not yours. That new bike may just be coming your way. :whistle:
Then again we can dream but good on you standing your ground if all else fails you tried ;)

Proto

Legendary Member
At my workplace we have to bolt down some fairly serious machine tools (CNC lathes), 4 tons or so. We don’t use rail bolt anchors anymore, but use a stud and resin. Incredibly strong, stronger than the concrete. Much easier to drill the smaller dia hole. Nut and washer on top is less secure but you could peen over the top of the studding to prevent nut removal.

https://www.bisonuk.com/blog/when-and-where-use-chemical-resin-anchors

Dave7

Legendary Member
My anchors are 20mm bar bent into a 'U' shape.........welded through a 6mm square plate that has 4 holes. It is fixed into the wall with 4 heavy dome headed bolts (no screw driver slot) by plenty of resin.
The garage door has an additional combination lock on the inside.
If Joe Thief manages to steal the bikes I think he has earned them.

Top Bottom