MTB tyre change to 700C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
depends on the size of tyre you're looking to fit, but the question is why are you looking to do this?

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe s/he is looking for more road going tyres, to replace knobbly mountain bike ones?
There should be something available in 27.5 size?

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:
Edit: First change the wheels! Then choose tyres to fit new wheels. You can fit new wheels, assuming disc brakes and clearance (vertical). Latter NB: 27.5 plus 2" tyre is similar diameter to '700c' wheel/'road' tyre combo (+20mm) so likely OK.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Maybe s/he is looking for more road going tyres, to replace knobbly mountain bike ones?
There should be something available in 27.5 size?
That's what I was thinking, perhaps I could have phrased it a bit better... I'd not had any coffee at the time of replying, two cups in now:laugh:

weareHKR

Not quite sure what asking here, take more coffee!
If you're asking if a 700c tire will fit on your current 27.5 wheels, no it won't!
The bead seat diameter of a 27.5/650B wheel is 584mm.
The bead seat diameter of a 700c/29" is 622mm.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Let's be fair to the OP: read their post (and made the same mistake - have edited my post).
Hi all, Is it possible to change my current wheel 27.5''X2.0 tyre size to 700C
The OP has used their tyre size to describe the wheels they have: but the question is: 'it possible to replace my 27.5 tyred wheel with a 622 rimmed wheel?'

vickster

Legendary Member
Why though? Wouldn’t changing the tyres be easier and cheaper?
From the thread title, presumably it’s an MTB?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Ours not to reason why, . . . ours just to do and . . . answer the question.
Can I fit a new cassette with a larger cog? Why? How about fitting a smaller chainring?

Why though? Wouldn’t changing the tyres be easier and cheaper?
From the thread title, presumably it’s an MTB?

I went the other way from 29” to 27.5” as it allowed me to up my cadence to a more comfortable rate (90-100rpm) for me, I don’t like slow 60-80rpm.

Does the OP mean 650B wheels found on small ladies and large youth bikes perhaps, in which case provided the tyre will fit the internal diameter of the rim then 650b road tyres would work.

D

Deleted member 26715

I went the other way from 29” to 27.5” as it allowed me to up my cadence to a more comfortable rate (90-100rpm) for me, I don’t like slow 60-80rpm.
I don't know how people do that 65 is about my max

Top Bottom