Muddyfox Cycling Gear

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'm afraid it's all rubbish. You can get better stuff for not much more from places online. Buy it cheap buy it twice.

I don't agree with this. I have 2 SS jerseys and 1 LS jersey. All have been excellent and I think the quality of the stitching and zips is at least as good as some of the more expensive jerseys I have. It's a bit garish, in terms of colour but it is fine for commuting, Total bargains, imho.

compo

Veteran
I have some Muddy Fox tops and some older Karrimoor ones. They have washed well and worn well. Even if I could afford to pay £50 to carry someones advertising around on a posh top I don't think I would. Also mainstream manufacturers don't want the business of larger men so don't cater for us.

Mapster5

The road shoes are meant to be ok for the money not tried any but know someone who has and says they are good

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I find the muddyfox bib shorts very comfy, just a little short lol. The stitching came away on the right leg elastic and it's a bit tight now after re stitching it but still is good for the money. Lasted me 1500 miles so far :biggrin:

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I don't agree with this. I have 2 SS jerseys and 1 LS jersey. All have been excellent and I think the quality of the stitching and zips is at least as good as some of the more expensive jerseys I have. It's a bit garish, in terms of colour but it is fine for commuting, Total bargains, imho.

I'm mainly referring to shorts and shoes. Just aweful. The shorts put me in a GP surgery once with serious issues down south

steveoo

This stuffs not that bad,Its alright when you are new to cycling and cannot afford much.The waterproof jackets ARE waterproof unfortunatly you still get soaked when you sweat.
I kitted all the family out with stuff from lidel some years back when we started out and i've just upgraded my gear as and when i can afford to.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I have a pair of muddy fox shorts that are un padded so when its ,pouring down and i know the only way is wet,i just throw them in the tumble drier at work after my commute with my cheap t shirt and socks,and buff and if they shrink it will make them tighter and I aint lost much,my racing shorts you can not tumble dry,so the cheap stuff has its uses,the tops are not much cop they seem to pull threads

slippy900

Regular
I was planning to head out and get some new shorts. Sports Direct has a big sale on and they're selling a whole bunch of Muddyfox gear. Does anyone know anything about the company, is it any good?

I was looking at:
http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-cycle-shorts-mens-636223
http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-cycling-jacket-mens-635065?colcode=63506547

Any thoughts?
Hey buddy hows it going? I live on the island of Man and rely on internet sites like these but i'll be honest mate i've ordered loads from sports diriect and wasn't really that impressed. you'll understand why the prices are so cheap and if they dont fit it costs you more to return items so i normally keep hold but wont be ordering again, think i'll save a little first and go to a bike shop so i can try it on and check the quality before i buy.... I hope this is any use to you fella.

stephen.rooke

i got muddy fox cycling shoes and when rding today i ripped the bottom out of the shoe. now ive got to buy a new set, will probably get some shimanos

Powely

I've bought a MuddyFox jersey (£10) and a Karrimor over the head jacket (£8) and both have been ok for me. The Karrimor actually feels really good quality, at least the material does. For £18 for the two even if I end up using them for back-ups they are worth the money. I have looked at the MuddyFox shoes and they feel/look really cheap and not even worth 'the discounted' price. I'm not going to waste my money on those, think I'll spend more on shoes, not sure which yet though.

Wonder Wheels

I got a pair of the gloves from the Sports Direct sale as my other ones are getting a little tatty. They are very flimsy compared to my older pair so I'll keep using them instead.

I also got the Winter Elite jacket but havent tried it yet because although the weather has been garbage it's still to warm to try it out. I'll necro this thread in four months and let you know (kidding).

Top Bottom