Mudguards For A 700x40c.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
I'm picking up my Voodoo Marasa 20" next week and I want to buy a set of mudguards. I want a proper set which wrap the wheels and have safety stays.

The bike has mudguard mounts.

I can find plenty for narrower tyres (road bike) but nothing much for a 40c.

My budget is around £40 to £60.

Any suggestions?

Gunk

Guru

Drago

Legendary Member
Assuming 20" is the frame size, and youre after guards for 700c wheels...

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-wide-mudguard-set although currently out of stock. This size also fits 650B nicely, and despite the description will - just - cover 50mm tyres too.

The stays have compression fittings at the guard end, so detach if something gets tangled up.

Edit - The Halfords (spit!) website shows the model has 700 x 40c tures, so these will fit nicely.

Last edited:

andrew_s

Legendary Member

DRM

Guru
I was going to order, but there is no lead time or current stock holding stated?
When ordering from Spa they state if it's in stock on the drop box "Select Option" as an unavailable option, thats greyed out 700x45 are in stock, I fitted the 26" x 65mm on an old Raleigh MTB, they're very good mudguards

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
When ordering from Spa they state if it's in stock on the drop box "Select Option" as an unavailable option, thats greyed out 700x45 are in stock, I fitted the 26" x 65mm on an old Raleigh MTB, they're very good mudguards
OK. I'm at the checkout now and I've created an account and saved my item in the basket.

Has anyone got a promo code?

Gunk

Guru
Too late. Ordered them now.

I went for the black. £35.00 including carriage.

thats what I’ve fitted, they’re really good. I’m pleased with them.

the only think to be aware of is that the stays will need cutting down, a cable cutter will do it but you’ll need some force as they’re quite thick gauge steel.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru

the only think to be aware of is that the stays will need cutting down, a cable cutter will do it but you’ll need some force as they’re quite thick gauge steel.

View attachment 585429
Yes it's a dilemma,I've got mine to do & I was thinking along the lines of a junior hacksaw and them put the plastic caps back on, I don't think cable cutters are any where near up to the job.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member

View attachment 585429
They do look very smart.

BTW, I'm going to use the smaller bar end mirror you sent me on the new hybrid.

Top Bottom