Mudguards for a Cannondale Topstone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello

I have a Cannondale Topstone RX. Took it for a very wet and muddy ride today, completely covered in gunk and I wasn't recognisable by the end of the ride. Link to bike: https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale-topstone-ultegra-rx-2020-gravel-bike-EV360811

Does anyone have any decent recommendations for mudguards that are full length, good-looking and easy to fit for a Cannondale Topstone? The tyres are 700 - 37c.

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
SKS chromoplastics are very good.
No fixed mudguards are especially easy to fit, get lbs to do :okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You should be able to get one on the rear but the front may be problematic, doesn't look like there are mounts near the drop out and there's no mounting hole in the top of the carbon fork.
It's always a good idea to post a link so we know what specific model you are talking about.

You should be able to get one on the rear but the front may be problematic, doesn't look like there are mounts near the drop out and there's no mounting hole in the top of the carbon fork.
It's always a good idea to post a link so we know what specific model you are talking about.

Thanks - I've now amended my original post with the link.

SKS chromoplastics are very good.
No fixed mudguards are especially easy to fit, get lbs to do :okay:

They do look excellent. I am thinking the 50mm width (which covers 700x38-45) though there's also the 45mm width (for 700x28-38). I'm thinking of erring on the side of bigger size, but do you have any thoughts? Do you think these would be OK for my bike?

Thinking I will buy these and ask my LBS to fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
They do look excellent. I am thinking the 50mm width (which covers 700x38-45) though there's also the 45mm width (for 700x28-38). I'm thinking of erring on the side of bigger size, but do you have any thoughts? Do you think these would be OK for my bike?

Thinking I will buy these and ask my LBS to fit.
Ask your LBS to supply and fit?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Fitting mudguards is the least favourite job in the workshop.

It makes sense to let them choose the mudguards and fit them.

You might save a few quid on the parts by buying online, but I imagine the shop would charge more to fit mudguards you supply than their own, so there may not be an overall saving.

My local bike shop operates on a free fitting model for parts and accessories.

Their retail price may be a bit more than online, but that's evened out by the 'free' fitting.

Top Bottom