Mudguards for Boardman CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to add to the seasonal slew of mudguard posts, but I'm having trouble pinning down exactly which type of guards will fit my 2015 CX Team, and Halfords were no help whatsoever this morning.

I'm running 28mm slicks, though ideally would like guards that will take 35mm Marathons for if/when I swap to those over winter. Also I have the older model forks with no eyelets, so guess I am looking at P-clips plus some bending of guard stays around the disk brakes?

I like the look of the Crud Roadracer Mk3 for their ease of attachment and removal although I think some people on here are pretty negative about the quality of MkI and MkIIs?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Wobblers

Euthermic
The Crud Roadracers won't fit anyting over 23 mm, at least my Mk2 versions won't. I've got the Boardman CX Comp which has eyelets. I use an SKS Beavertail guard on the front,as it only needs to be bolted to the fork crown - that'll work for you if there's the appropriate hole drilled out. The frame's the same as the Comp, so there ought to be eyelets for the rear wheel at least. You should be able to fit the normal rear mudguard. The one problem is that the seat stays are the wishbone type, so the normal seatstay bridge fittings won't work: I fitted SKS chromoplastics to mine by drilling holes out the mudguard at that point and fixing it to the seat stays using cable ties.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
If you do a search there is a recent thread showing mine with SKS ones fitted including photos of the front fitment.

Top Bottom