Mudguards Hardtail MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSA

I recently purchased a decathlon 5xc, which has a suntour front fork with lockout. The bike is also fitted with disc brakes.

I will use this bike in the long term off road. Right now I will be using to drop my son at the child minders and then commute to work on (about 5 miles).

I have some road tyres 26x 1.95 but I am wanting to fit full mudguards.

Can it be done on a bike with front suspension and disc brakes and if so can anyone recommend me some.

Thanks

I have some road tyres 26x 1.95 but I am wanting to fit full mudguards.

Can it be done on a bike with front suspension and disc brakes and if so can anyone recommend me some.

Nope, sorry. Full length mudguards won't fit to a suspension fork - the best thing that you could get is something like this. Although for better protection then maybe doubling up with something along the lines of this on the downtube may work well. The rear guard is much easier to sort out as it won't move.

OP
OP
BSA

BSA

The front mudguard you suggested looks good because it has quick release as well.

Having a look round yesterday proved interesting because I could see lots of front guards sold seperately but the rear (full guards) always seem to come as a set.

Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom