Mudguards on a full carbon (Whyte montpellier2014 and Spesh Roubaix 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'm away from the bikes atm so no pics but can anyone recomend a decent set of guards that would fit either of these full carbon frames.

The Whyte has an eylet going through the seat stay bridge and the fork bridge and nothing else.

The roubaix has some sort of anchor points near the rear dropouts and probably the front too. Sorry to be a bit sketchy on details.

Want to ride a bit more through the drab months and looking for advice.

Adam4868

Guru
I've allways used the clip on full length plastic(think there crud ) used them on a Ribble for a couple of years,then I've put them on a cannondale CAAD.The CAAD is a little less clearance but do the job.They can rub but soon settle in and no problems

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/crud-roadracer-mk2-guards-pair/

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I'm away from the bikes atm so no pics but can anyone recomend a decent set of guards that would fit either of these full carbon frames.

The Whyte has an eylet going through the seat stay bridge and the fork bridge and nothing else.

The roubaix has some sort of anchor points near the rear dropouts and probably the front too. Sorry to be a bit sketchy on details.

Want to ride a bit more through the drab months and looking for advice.
https://www.bike24.com/p2147407.html Varying reviews but these are for the Roubaix mounts

davidphilips

Veteran

Attachments

• Desert.jpg
    Desert.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 89

AM1

image.png
I have these on my carbon framed road bike, they work well and you can remove during the summer months which just leaves the bracket which is covered by a handy plastic sleeve , not suggesting you purchase from Ribble it's just that it was the best image I could find

Have the race blades on the Icarus with no problems;used to have the road racers but they would only fit with 23c tyres,think the new versions have more clearance.

The Planet X XLS carbon has no mounts for anything so I got some 'guards by Axiom which fit on with the wheel skewers,they also have mounts which use the brake fixings although as the XLS has discs I've had to bodge them a bit to fit.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Axiom-Roadr...gle_shopping&gclid=CP2q46q6mc8CFYgy0wodoEAH-A

Pic of them in situ;

IMG_20160918_111331658_HDR.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Honestly I have cycled many winters with various Temp fixes Raceblades, Raceblade longs etc. nothing replaces full guards and the comfort and protection they provide, if you have half a chance at fitting these then try full ones first.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Honestly I have cycled many winters with various Temp fixes Raceblades, Raceblade longs etc. nothing replaces full guards and the comfort and protection they provide, if you have half a chance at fitting these then try full ones first.

I would want full guards to protect me and the drivetrain but am limited by the lack of mounts on the whyte. The Roubaix seems to have some specificly made for it as in the post earlier.

Top Bottom