Mudguards PDW - any experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dears
In the market to replace my shabby Chromoplastics mudguards - they've done 8 years or so.

Devon in the 'more rainy season' leaves country roads awash with flood, mud, and crud, so after a few trips sans mudguards I have decided they're probably a necessity for at least the winter.
Always liked the PDW's @Nick Saddlesore has a sexy blue pair on his fine bicycle, but unfortunately only black is an option nowadays (I hate black on a bicycle)....
Anyhow, they're light, well made, very long (as required) and by all accounts rattle-free.

https://www.condorcycles.com/produc...variant=37792865222806&wgc=1295665&wgp=281345

37mm seems the size for 28c tyres

I know they're a bit spendy, but life is short....

Thoughts?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Expensive, but they come with a warranty! Having experienced the failure points of Giant mudguards over the years, these must be the dogs trousers.

Sallar55

Veteran
PDW are pretty good, no rattles even running 28mm tyres with the ones suitable for 25mm tyres. Only issue is the the rubber flaps , could be made a little thicker/stiffer. . Have rubbed a hole in front flap due to not noticing the flap was kinked after leaning bike against a hedge.

Sallar55

Veteran
Sometimes the expensive stuff is cheaper in the long run, the PDW muddies have been on 3 bikes. , They cost £30 in a Dales sale, when the run of the mill long mudguards were £10 to £20 .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
BUT... NO SECU-CLIPS!!!! :eek:

Did you fit your own (e.g. THESE)?

No idea what that is?

The Fendoffs are full length with proper flaps, best I've seen or used.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Devon in the 'more rainy season' leaves country roads awash with flood, mud, and crud, so after a few trips sans mudguards I have decided they're probably a necessity for at least the winter.
You've half persuaded me... :whistle:

I don't want to spend much on mudguards and don't want them permanently on my bike, so I have compromised and ordered a set of THESE to bring down for our Devon ride in Feb. They won't stop my bike spraying crud over the rest of you, but they should reduce how much crud it sprays over me! :laugh:

Top Bottom