Mudguards & rack for my CX bike which won't make it look like it belongs to my mum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dilbert

First commute today on the CX. Only done 24 miles but so far no problems, apart from minor tweaks to seat and bar positions required. Front mech is very smooth, rear is stiffer than my SRAM Rival. Brakes were fine, no drag or noise apart from when I braked when they were wet, but they work fine. Didn't notice any difference in rolling resistance from the larger tyres but it did seem more comfortable.

Still waiting for my mudguards.

lejogger

Guru
Brakes were fine, no drag or noise apart from when I braked when they were wet, but they work fine.

Don't expect this to last. They should get squidgier and squidgier the more you use them at first until they bed in, so they will need adjusting. You'll soon get to the point that you have to brake so hard that your shifter levers get wedged on your bars.
That's the time to get the spanners out :tongue:

I'm starting to consider getting mudguards for my Boardman CX Team toon- my long term plan will see it as my winter commuter. Did those 45mm mudguards fit easily enough over your 35mm CX tyres?

theloafer

Legendary Member
What are the Boardman bottle holders you have? I'd like some but the only ones I can see are the £35 carbon ones.
got this one from this one off here went to see+test ride last sunday ..a round trip of 320 miles it was a bargain came with cages+bottles+guards £700 i fitted the rack+bag
brenda.jpg
brenda 003.jpg

theloafer

Legendary Member
Thanks for posting those pictures. I am picking mine up this afternoon :biggrin: and I have been trying to work out what mudguards to go for. Are they 35 or 45? I am fitting 28 tyres, I did not know you could go down to 25. I have gone for a Topeak rack as I already have a beam rack and bag which I want to carry on using.

A friend has a Boardman Hybrid which he has had for 18 months with BB5 on and has not had any problems. I specifically asked him about them when I was looking at the CX.
got my cx these were alreadt fitted by ownner seem great

http://road.cc/content/review/2716-tortec-reflector-mudguards

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Guards and panniers give you more SCR points ! :thumbsup:

Here's one I made earlier:

P1000581.jpg

SKS Chromplastic 'guards and Topeak Supertourist DX rack. Have a look at the 'Show use yer aluminium' thread in the Photo Gallery section for some more be-racked and be-mudguargded machines.

Top Bottom