Multiple identities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I only have one identity on here.
When I first joined, I wanted to change the forum name I had originally chosen, couldn't find a way to do it, so tried to set up a new account instead. Within seconds Shaun had pm'd me to query what I was trying to do, so I suspect he has some technical wizardry which identifies multiple accounts being set up from the same IP address or something (but not sure how this would work if there was, say, a couple who are both members posting from the same pc).

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I only have one identity on here.
When I first joined, I wanted to change the forum name I had originally chosen, couldn't find a way to do it, so tried to set up a new account instead. Within seconds Shaun had pm'd me to query what I was trying to do, so I suspect he has some technical wizardry which identifies multiple accounts being set up from the same IP address or something (but not sure how this would work if there was, say, a couple who are both members posting from the same pc).

Curious, thanks!

That said, surely it only takes a machine elsewhere to set something up?

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Seriously though, I have had the distinct impression of it happening on here before, except that, well, how can one sensibly prove it??

Slioch

Guru
Us?? Have you just said more than you should have?? :whistle::laugh:

:laugh:

No, I'm flying solo tonight!

Mrs S who I picked up from the station a couple of hours ago had been on a works night out in Leeds. I got her home, fed her a bowl of chilli, she helped herself to another 2 glasses of wine, played some C'Lo Green shite on the CD, and has just passed out on the bed - bless her! On a school night as well!

Top Bottom