Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A traffic jam on my commute home, Bl**dy egrets....

View attachment 357139

LOL, those are canada geese, not egrets. :headshake: Egrets are white, have black legs and a black bill and a feather tuft at the back of their head. :smile:

Reactions: GM
D

Deleted member 1258

You have got the key to water confidence, calmness and staying relaxed. Everybody knows that humans float, but accepting that you are going to float is a totally different matter and I can understand why many people can't get the confidence to go out of their depth and let the water carry them. Good luck with your lessons.

Yes, the first time I managed to float was amazing, it brought a big smile to my face and still does when ever I do it.

I think it mighty have been a reference to our former mentor in all things egret, rockymountain :whistle:

Mmmmmmmmok, well I'm obviously not familiar with the reference. :surrender:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4843602, member: 21629"]Not been hit by car only because my instincts worked earlier than my mind did.

I walked to Lidl and I have to pass Lidl's car park every time. Exit of it has got 2 lanes, don't ask me why. So I approached the exit, a car in the first lane goes very slow and stops to let me go (I always make sure that driver sees me and lets me go).

And here it is, a car in the second lane simply flies. I was right into the middle line of that car when it reached me. Technically no chance to avoid flying over the bonnet or being thrown into the street.

Somehow I put my hand on the bonnet, pushed myself away from it and in one long jump I get away from car. Hard to explain though. When the car stopped I was in the same line as car's rear wheels.

The car simply drove away.

I was ok for the first few seconds but then started to shake so walked near Lidl's doors, sat on the ground and began to cry. I've never been hit by car as a pedestrian.

Few people came to me offering their help but I just needed few minutes to calm down.

As my brain works in funny mode I remembered car's number plate but not the model. :smile: Gave it to one guy and he was ready to rang the police but then a driver of that car appeared saying non-stop "sorry sorry sorry". A very young girl, barely 18yo. She told me she was blinded by the sun...well, absolute lie because the sun was shining to the passenger's side of the car and the sun had no relation to her flying speed.

Well, let it be what she said, I wasn't injured, the shock has gone in few minutes so everybody carried on doing their on things.

I'm eating lovely ice cream now.[/QUOTE]
:hugs:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
LOL, those are canada geese, not egrets. :headshake: Egrets are white, have black legs and a black bill and a feather tuft at the back of their head. :smile:

In joke!! More usually referenced in the photo challenge thread.

At swimming this morning they had me take of the floatation belt I've been wearing, so I've now managed to swim half a width without assistance for the first time.
:bravo:

Top Bottom