Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Which side did you break? Have you got a tiny sling? I wasn't impressed when I broke mine and they gave me what looked like a piece of string .

Left side

IMG-20240524-WA0001.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a dull and overcast Suffolk - looks like it's going to be a bit of a damp day up in Norfolk from what the rain radar is showing.
Just finished the first coffee of the day, Weetabix for breakfast next, then load the car with the stuff for the tip and off I go.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
New ebke battery still awaited and as it has turned into a drizzly evening use of the car did have a positive side. Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Lidl all shopped in less tine than it will take to get to one and back tomorrow daytime. Seems to be a local petrol war being lead by a Texaco station that was the cheapest but now undercut by 0.2p by Asda and Morrisons, but is the Texaco petrol better quality?

According to a tanker driver I knew when I lived next door to the Bowling Esso terminal everything came from the same tanks and it was all just marketing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Windy today but dry and sunny spells by the looks of it.
I wonder if the library will be open?
Only way is to go and have a look and see if any of the books requested for me have turned up.

Is there something special about ginger coloured cats?
We had one which sat on the wall outside our house to be admired by the bus parties as we were beside the car park at that time. She only had 3 legs having lost one after getting caught in an illegal gin trap. Her brother sat there also but he was black with one eye and was known in the distillery as Nelson.
There has been for some time the Tobermory Cat who wanders about on a section of the Main St and often under cars so you have to look under before driving off if parked there. The name is registered by a local artist who produced a book.
Oban has had one called Parsley who apparently has now retired from duty but another ginger.

Windy today but dry and sunny spells by the looks of it.
I wonder if the library will be open?
Only way is to go and have a look and see if any of the books requested for me have turned up.

Is there something special about ginger coloured cats?
We had one which sat on the wall outside our house to be admired by the bus parties as we were beside the car park at that time. She only had 3 legs having lost one after getting caught in an illegal gin trap. Her brother sat there also but he was black with one eye and was known in the distillery as Nelson.
There has been for some time the Tobermory Cat who wanders about on a section of the Main St and often under cars so you have to look under before driving off if parked there. The name is registered by a local artist who produced a book.
Oban has had one called Parsley who apparently has now retired from duty but another ginger.

I like normal Tabbies.

I used to get excited when our cats had kittens . I used to go out into my dad's shed to see how many they had. Puss and her daughter seemed to have them at the same time and would often share them . I doubt it they knew who's was who's anyway! I think our cats appreciated their kittens being minded during the day so that they had a bit of free time to themselves. Happy times.

pawl

Legendary Member

What’s the strip of gaffer tape for?Dose it have a purpose or is it purely decorative

Top Bottom