Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I would like to say the charity run in Edinburgh today was good.But I can't,because it was fabulous.10k.What a well organised event.It ran so smoothly.Guess who got interviewed.Yes none other than the darling of the airwaves Postman,I kid you not.My family said they had never heard me speak so posh and well.So it seems I have a face for radio.Anyone wanting a signed photo just send £10 and I will send a plain brown envelope with photos.I am so proud of my two,what an emotional day.Latest total raised by my two £1155 excellent.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Last year I bought a pair of trainers online. (I know, I know, but when you are trying to find size 14s you'll try anything).

Long story short: They were too small and I had to return them for a refund. Found out they weren't a UK company (despite having "UK" in their name), and were based in China. Took some effort to obtain a return address and print off a returns form, and it cost me £20 (half the cost of the goods) to return them by post on 13 September last year to the Chinese address supplied. Despite numerous attempts, I've received only one non-committal email reply since then and I have given up throwing good money after bad. I gave up.

This morning they turned up on my doorstep, wrapped exactly as I had wrapped them last September. None of the "reasons for return" boxes had been ticked, and it seems they have been traveling the world for eight months only to end up back on my doorstep.

Turns out they must be some kind of AI "homing shoes". Very useful for when you are too drunk to get home from a party on your own. Very clever, these Chinese. I'm thinking of just giving them to charity now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up here again some day.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Last year I bought a pair of trainers online. (I know, I know, but when you are trying to find size 14s you'll try anything).

Long story short: They were too small and I had to return them for a refund. Found out they weren't a UK company (despite having "UK" in their name), and were based in China. Took some effort to obtain a return address and print off a returns form, and it cost me £20 (half the cost of the goods) to return them by post on 13 September last year to the Chinese address supplied. Despite numerous attempts, I've received only one non-committal email reply since then and I have given up throwing good money after bad. I gave up.

This morning they turned up on my doorstep, wrapped exactly as I had wrapped them last September. None of the "reasons for return" boxes had been ticked, and it seems they have been traveling the world for eight months only to end up back on my doorstep.

Turns out they must be some kind of AI "homing shoes". Very useful for when you are too drunk to get home from a party on your own. Very clever, these Chinese. I'm thinking of just giving them to charity now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up here again some day.

Sole trader, no doubt.

Mixed bag on yellow stickers tonight, but I never seem to come home empty-handed. Couldn't get any white fish or any chicken to fulfil a friend's request, but I did pick out some decent bits for myself despite the chilled being not great and the fruit & veg not bothering with at all.

My pickings were two packs of wild pacific salmon, a tray with two tuna steaks, five litres of Cornish milk, a large box of Special K cereal, a packet of bronze die pasta, seven cans (dented) of chopped tomatoes, two "finest" ciabatta breads, two ISB sliced sandwich loaves, a box of posh chocolate cupcakes and two caramel doughnut thingies.

classic33

Leg End Member

Sell them.
How many times you get to do this might be limitless if they keep on finding their own way back each time you sell them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bed for me.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:
Sithi

Top Bottom