Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I've gone downstairs put the heating on and come back to bed whilst the house warms up

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
-2.5 C here this morning. Ice everywhere. Saw a kid on a BMX come off his bike on his way to school this morning.

No cycling for me today. :sad:

I've gone downstairs put the heating on and come back to bed whilst the house warms up

I woke up a bit before 6 and came downstairs to swicth the heating off... then went back up to re-pressurise the boiler. There's a leaky radiator currently awaiting the not-so-tender ministrations of the plumber (who is currently v busy dealing with several households who have no functioning heating and will get to removing and replacing said radiator ASAP, probably next week sometime) and the gurgling noises from the too-empty system were a very effective, if unwelcome, early alarm clock.

I then went back to bed and succesfully slept through the heating coming back on at its rescheduled time, about an hour later. And two alarms on my phone. Good job today is my day 'off' and both Cubs have a teacher training day.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 5108742, member: 10119"]I woke up a bit before 6 and came downstairs to swicth the heating off... then went back up to re-pressurise the boiler. There's a leaky radiator currently awaiting the not-so-tender ministrations of the plumber (who is currently v busy dealing with several households who have no functioning heating and will get to removing and replacing said radiator ASAP, probably next week sometime) and the gurgling noises from the too-empty system were a very effective, if unwelcome, early alarm clock.

I then went back to bed and succesfully slept through the heating coming back on at its rescheduled time, about an hour later. And two alarms on my phone. Good job today is my day 'off' and both Cubs have a teacher training day.[/QUOTE]

I had a leaky radiator in here for a long time, it took ages to find it, it turned out that the blanking plug on the end of the radiator under the window in the lounge needed half a turn to seal it up.

Top Bottom