Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-2uBPcr4i2V5aa_yhA2xxEC6OMJRuRba9MXcZOFgga6j2A1nNDg.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I watched the Stick Drawbridge programme about building the world's longest model railway last night. I'm not sure of what to make of it . I thought it looked like they were trying to prove that the volunteers couldn't do what the experts wanted.

I would have preferred more input from the experts about the bridges, angles of curvature to get round immovable objects and the proper way to join the sections of track. Some of the volunteers just seemed to get in the way, and get sulky. If it was supposed to be about team building, then I think it may struggle.
That task needs strong leaders. It is not "The Apprentice for the LMR" is it?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would have preferred more input from the experts about the bridges, angles of curvature to get round immovable objects and the proper way to join the sections of track. Some of the volunteers just seemed to get in the way, and get sulky. If it was supposed to be about team building, then I think it may struggle.
That task needs strong leaders. It is not "The Apprentice for the LMR" is it?
Not watched it but is it a re-hash of James May's program,

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...video/xja5i0&usg=AOvVaw0idj__Sxd0ZD-zQfdjfZLP

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Yes, and no. Dick Strawbridge is using a miniature steam locomotive to do a journey of seventy miles, along the Caledonian canal. I think the train last night is on a much larger gauge than James May's.

Also there were considerable obstacles in last night's programme. So similar in some ways. May's was a "toy train" that ran on a very straight and level track and Strawbridge's is a model steam engine, with inclines, and some canals to cross, but that is, of course, open to interpretation.

Am cream crackered. That's three and a half more dead trees turned into logs and moved into the log store.

Will do the other tree-and-a-half in the morning. Then I'll need to haul the smaller wood from those that's worth also using for firewood. It's nice to take advantage of the reasonable weather and get ahead with this particular job.

Think I've earnt the large chocolate dessert that's waiting for me in the fridge. :hungry:

Levo-Lon

Guru
The site has been playing up..multiple posting or nothing for me..

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a cold :angry:. With my first yoga class of the year this morning and my Good Lady in hospital thats the last thing I need :angry:

Top Bottom