Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Tesco cold and flu capsules max strength contain the same ingredients as Beechams but half the price, they don't seem to be working but will continue with them for a little while longer.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's been an odd day for bugs. This morning i found a flea in my coffee. A short while ago i found a ladybird crawling over my laptop. I thought i'd managed to help it onto a plant with the aid of a tissue but i then found it on my hand. I'd had enough by now so i flicked my hand hoping it'd go on to the floor. It didn't,it ended up in my 3 weetabix and warm milk. I managed to fish it out. It's now walking around the living room with tiny bits of weetabix stuck to it.

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
Our cat is snoring

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement "tab" key for a sony vaio VGN-FE series laptop?

Poppy landed her nearly 5kg bulk on my keyboard a little while ago and dislodged a stack of keys. They're all back in place except for the "tab" key which won't go back on because one of the wee clips on the underside is broken. Googling leads me to US based places or places where I have to buy an entire keyboard at an extortionate cost - which isn't worth it for an 11 year old laptop.

Whatever is the world coming to?:wacko: 6 eggs reduced from £1.70 to £1.28 in yellow sticker land tonight!:dance:

80p for six extra large free range eggs in the Co-op tonight. :whistle:

Picked up five yoghurts (reduced from £1.45 each to 36p) and a pack of three demi baguettes (from £1 to 25p).

Not allowed to buy cheese, olives or smoked salmon as I lucked out majorly on those over the hols. Guess what was twinkling at me in the cabinet. :laugh: Managed to resist and keep my hands in my pockets. :angel:

Had lox and a schmear on sourdough for lunch though. :hungry:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement "tab" key for a sony vaio VGN-FE series laptop?

Poppy landed her nearly 5kg bulk on my keyboard a little while ago and dislodged a stack of keys. They're all back in place except for the "tab" key which won't go back on because one of the wee clips on the underside is broken. Googling leads me to US based places or places where I have to buy an entire keyboard at an extortionate cost - which isn't worth it for an 11 year old laptop.
A tablet and a bluetooth keyboard would be cheaper. Only Vaio I had was a desktop, so I can't be much help.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
80p for six extra large free range eggs in the Co-op tonight. :whistle:

Picked up five yoghurts (reduced from £1.45 each to 36p) and a pack of three demi baguettes (from £1 to 25p).

Not allowed to buy cheese, olives or smoked salmon as I lucked out majorly on those over the hols. Guess what was twinkling at me in the cabinet. :laugh: Managed to resist and keep my hands in my pockets. :angel:

Had lox and a schmear on sourdough for lunch though. :hungry:
Skipjack, cottage cheese, and papaya/pineapple cup for mine. Thursday, I move up to albacore. Mrs GA is making chicken with capellini and sauce for dinner.

A tablet and a bluetooth keyboard would be cheaper. Only Vaio I had was a desktop, so I can't be much help.

Been thinking about a tablet on and off for the last couple of years, but I've never taken the plunge because I just wouldn't use it enough (screen too small) so I'd still need a laptop for doing what I do. And large screen tablets are godawfully expensive... :cry:

I am in the market for a new laptop, but it's finding one with a keyboard and touchpad that I can live with. :sad:

Top Bottom