Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Got a second coat of limewash on most of the house, nipped off to a BBQ with our rather well-heeled neighbours, returned in time to see Brits finish 1-2 on Zoncalon, then plumbed in the handbasin (on an old Edwardian washstand I rescued from a barn)........and all that without seeing one single image of the royal wedding, or speaking of it even once. A very good day! :smile:

I was supposed to be stewarding at the Suffolk & Norfolk show today, but had a really rough night and still wasn't feeling very well this morning, so stayed at home and watched the royal wedding instead.

Still feeling miserable after lunch, but went out at teatime for an hour's :bicycle: in the :sun:. Aside from a few numpties in cars, I had a lovely ride and it made me feel a lot better. Got back and watched the second half of the cup final.

Nice tomato, mozzarella, basil & avocado salad tonight for supper, with fresh home baked crusty bread. Now I'm in the mood for a :cuppa: and something chocolatey.

Oh, and I clipped Madam Lexi's claws, ao I'll be a tad less perforated when she gives me a massage.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I was supposed to be stewarding at the Suffolk & Norfolk show today, but had a really rough night and still wasn't feeling very well this morning, so stayed at home and watched the royal wedding instead.

Still feeling miserable after lunch, but went out at teatime for an hour's :bicycle: in the :sun:. Aside from a few numpties in cars, I had a lovely ride and it made me feel a lot better. Got back and watched the second half of the cup final.

Nice tomato, mozzarella, basil & avocado salad tonight for supper, with fresh home baked crusty bread. Now I'm in the mood for a :cuppa: and something chocolatey.

Oh, and I clipped Madam Lexi's claws, ao I'll be a tad less perforated when she gives me a massage.
Shame you missed the show. Glad you got out for a bike ride!

[QUOTE 5249476, member: 9609"]A sad day - my wonderful little camera that I have taken about everywhere that I have been over the last 11 years, has probably covered 30,000 miles with me on the bike, and accompanied me up over may be 200 scottish hills walking has finally taken its last picture. I lost it for over an hour in deep snow earlier in the year (dropped it in a drift) and when I finally found it was very very wet, its never been the same since - loads of corrupt images and now the lens has jammed -

View attachment 410056 [/QUOTE]
You have our sympathy . One of our old cameras decided to do that by taking pictures with the doors not fully open .

My wife's missing parcel is turning into a bit "Where is it ?" Rather than a " Who done it ? "

As we were out when it was delivered it was returned to the sorting office ! I followed the instructions on the nice little card they left me and went along to collect it a couple of days later. " We can't find it ! ". " It has been taken to Wooton Basset ! ". " We will give you a call when we have located it . "
Nothing !
I went along the other day thinking that they have found it but have forgotten to ring me . No ! It is still lost .
Still no word from them !
In the meantime my wife has contacted the seller to explain why we have not left feedback. They have dispatched another parcel .
I would like to tell Mr. V. Incapable . Just how the service has vastly improved since he sold it off .

MikeG

Guru
You have our sympathy . One of our old cameras decided to do that by taking pictures with the doors not fully open .

They all do that in the end. I'll never have another pocket camera with a pop-up lens again, after going through 4 in 2 years. I now have a £50 fixed lens cheapie designed for kids, which is absolutely bomb-proof, and the photos are just as good except in low light conditions. The guy in the camera shop said that the usual problem is someone accidentally bumping the on button when the camera is still in its case, or in a handbag, and the lens being restricted as the motor tries to push it open. It breaks the mechanism. That, or a speck of dust anywhere in the mechanism or those automatic dust-cap thingies which cover the lens.

They all do that in the end. I'll never have another pocket camera with a pop-up lens again, after going through 4 in 2 years. I now have a £50 fixed lens cheapie designed for kids, which is absolutely bomb-proof, and the photos are just as good except in low light conditions. The guy in the camera shop said that the usual problem is someone accidentally bumping the on button when the camera is still in its case, or in a handbag, and the lens being restricted as the motor tries to push it open. It breaks the mechanism. That, or a speck of dust anywhere in the mechanism or those automatic dust-cap thingies which cover the lens.
They can be very frustrating! I took my wife's camera to see Concorde's last flight into Bristol. Yes! I am somewhere in the picture of Concorde flying over Clifton Suspension Bridge. Anyway ! As Concorde approached the bridge I switched the camera on. It took so long for the lens to pop out That I pressed the button again thinking I hadn't pressed it, only to find it opening! :angry: It then went back in again ! :banghead:.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 5249853, member: 10119"]Drying stuff on hangers (combined with a little bit of not giving a monkey's) is why I haven't ironed in (counts on fingers) about 14 years.[/QUOTE]

I always fold as I take them off the line, makes things easier, my Good Lady just chucks them in the ironing basket.

Top Bottom