Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I taught myself to ride a recumbent bicycle, and did so. A very fine conversation starter, the recumbent bicycle. ( I might be a bit gregarious also).

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
[QUOTE 5249476, member: 9609"]A sad day - my wonderful little camera that I have taken about everywhere that I have been over the last 11 years, has probably covered 30,000 miles with me on the bike, and accompanied me up over may be 200 scottish hills walking has finally taken its last picture. I lost it for over an hour in deep snow earlier in the year (dropped it in a drift) and when I finally found it was very very wet, its never been the same since - loads of corrupt images and now the lens has jammed -

View attachment 410056 [/QUOTE]

You might have a bit of trouble getting something similar with a viewfinder.

You might have a bit of trouble getting something similar with a viewfinder.
Why do they make camera's without them ? They may think that a screen is fine ! But if you try following a moving subject and it suddenly goes black you are lost !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You can get then - but they tend to cost more...

I can thoroughly recommend the Lumix LX-100. Pricey but a cracking bit of kit.
Talk of compact cameras with a viewfinder (I need glasses for close up focusing so a camera without viewfinder forces me to first put on a pair of glasses and then peer over the glasses at the subject) led me to the Lumix DMC-TZ60. At around £180 it's a bit more in my price range. Tempted....

gbb

Legendary Member
I noticed the other day the front door seemed momentarily reluctant to close properly...then it was ok.
Friday my wife struggled for half an hour apparently to get it to close properly. She theorized someone may have tried to force the door or the mechanism is broken and several other unlikely options along the way...we'll have to get Safestyle out etc etc.

I looked at the door when I got home....A laminate floor strip was slightly loose, impeding the door a tad. Took me oooh, 5 seconds to fix :laugh:

I didn't take great delight in teasing my wife :laugh:

Top Bottom